3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:49 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Warranties

If your vehicle is still under manufactures warranty.

USE IT.

It may save you some money to fix/repair your issue/problem.
It may also help to establish a history for the problem you are having with your vehicle. Which may lead to a recall to fix said issue/problem.

And I also know you have to deal with a dealership you can trust to have the issue/problem fixed which in it's self can be a hassle. Because we all know not every dealership has your best interest in mind. Knowing who these dealerships are, helps all of us too.

And please do keep posting here, to help inform all of us. I have learned a great many things from this forum.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Big had
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or try to and they deny it's their problem. I am not a fan of dodge anymore. They have a serious issue with customer service. My advice is sell it and find a more concerned manufacturer!

Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM
sgunes

Is there a Dodge dealer on this forum or somewhere online that sells MOPAR lifetime warranties without the usual dealer upcharges?

Old 03-20-2017, 02:22 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by sgunes
Is there a Dodge dealer on this forum or somewhere online that sells MOPAR lifetime warranties without the usual dealer upcharges?

Not that I am aware of. Manufacturer warranties are mostly sold through dealers.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 PM
sgunes

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Not that I am aware of. Manufacturer warranties are mostly sold through dealers.
On Honda, VW and Ford forums there are dealers that sell original manufacturer's warranties for less than the local dealers. I recall that we got the extended Honda Warranty from Saccucci Honda. Same on the VW forum were there were 2 dealers that offered better prices than the local dealers.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 PM
pjw1967
Veteran

I bought mine through this site. Be careful. The default reply is for a car with less than 12k on the clock. Watch for that when you get the reply. The day I paid for it, the warranty showed up on my Mopar site info.
https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

Old 03-20-2017, 10:23 PM
sgunes

Originally Posted by pjw1967
I bought mine through this site. Be careful. The default reply is for a car with less than 12k on the clock. Watch for that when you get the reply. The day I paid for it, the warranty showed up on my Mopar site info.
https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM
usmc1811
Veteran

I bought a life time "bumper to bumper" warranty for my 2010 R/T Challenger from a MOPAR/Dodge rep.. I got a letter in the mail from MOPAR/Dodge asking if I was interested in a extended warranty for my Challenger. MOPAR/Dodge had several different extended warranty plans. This all occurred about 2 years after the owning of the Challenger. I still had low miles on the vehicle too.The life time "bumper to bumper" warranty wasn't cheap, I put it on a payment plan. And yes, I still have the vehicle. And no, I have not used the warranty. Knock on wood.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:30 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Default Notice to FCA

Originally Posted by Big had
Or try to and they deny it's their problem. I am not a fan of dodge anymore. They have a serious issue with customer service. My advice is sell it and find a more concerned manufacturer!
I understand your pain. The dealership you bought the vehicle from, screwed
you. The dealership LIED, CHEATED and STOLED your money from you.

FCA dropped the ball by not backing a customer (you). And FCA also allowed the theft to occur to you too. I'm pretty sure there is a bad history report with this dealership on the books.

FCA has buried their head in the sand like an Ostrich hoping the problem will just go away.

Take note Dodge Cares Rep..

Old 03-24-2017, 04:18 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big had
Such as? There is no such thing as a more concerned manufacturer. Each has their own issues and poor response rate.