3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Faliure AFTER Replacement?!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 02:20 PM
Pandafan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faliure AFTER Replacement?!!

Here’s my story. Got the T36 recall notice for my 2013 Durango Crew 5 or 6 months ago and was waiting for parts. One Saturday while driving, all kinds of warning lights started flashing randomly. I turned around to drive to the dealer but didn’t make it. Durango stalled at a stoplight and smelled like an electrical short. Everything went dead, and then the emergency flashers quit. Fortunately, I was not rear-ended and exited the vehicle to call for a tow. Dealer had to replace alternator, battery, and PCM, but didn’t have the improved diode alternator, so used an existing model.

When the new alternator was in stock, I returned for replacement February 28. Yesterday, the battery/alternator warning light came on. Now I am afraid to drive the damn thing, especially with my family in the car. I would love to speak to those Dodge bros in person…

Old 03-18-2018, 09:33 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

Get rid of it. I did. Seriously, that transmission sucks too. Get a 17 or 18.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:31 PM
Pandafan

Thanks, good advice. Maybe the dealer will give me a generous trade in on this lemon...

Old 03-28-2018, 12:38 PM
SteelSteve

These stories always worry me, as I received that recall notice a long time ago now. I have had it in to 2 Dodge dealers now the most recent being yesterday for that particular recall and with this most recent one the brake booster check. Both times now I have been told that the parts are unavailable for the alternator and my name will be put on a waiting list. Vehicle has 86K miles on it now and I'm getting ready to take it on a road trip starting Monday. I sure hope I'm not running on borrowed time and this things lets go while on the trip. To make it worse the warranty is over so if it lets go and takes out other electrical components I'm sure I'm looking at a large repair bill. Oh well fingers crossed.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:44 AM
Pandafan

2013 Durango back at the dealer again today after alternator/battery warning light came on yesterday. They ordered a new PCM and will install next week. The staff at Enterprise Rentals now know me on a first name basis....

Quick Reply: Faliure AFTER Replacement?!!