3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Ram 1500 SLT tipm problems with cluster not working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 AM
c-gabbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Ram 1500 SLT tipm problems with cluster not working.

Over the past two years I have had this problem off and on and tried different solutions to fix it. The entire cluster would stop work and my windshield wipers would stay on. The display would go out and none of the gauges would work at that point. I have tried to see if it was a fuse problem, a connection problem and a wiring harness problem but now I believe it could be the tipm because I have also had the cluster tested. Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem or go about resetting the tipm. Also when the cluster does work at times it resets my mileage as well. The truck has somewhere around 58000 miles on it but has reset back to 54000 several times know.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:05 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

The odometer should be stored in non-volatile memory, and I think that memory resides in the PCM. I don't believe that's in any way effected by the TIPM. If it's truly the odometer that is not holding memory (versus a trip odometer), this might be one of those times when a dealership is the best option for getting this resolved.

-Rod

Old 04-12-2018, 10:20 AM
c-gabbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the odometer was the last thing that went out. The gauges are what went out first but sometimes when I would just take out the fuses for the instrument cluster they would work again. But every time it goes out my wipers would turn on and not go off and the display and gauges would stop working.

Quick Reply: 2012 Ram 1500 SLT tipm problems with cluster not working.