3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Stereo control issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 11:01 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stereo control issue

2015 RT with 8'4" uconnect/nav/everything (67,000+ miles out of warranty)
My stereo has started randomly advancing tracks/radio stations. It's as if the next track/tuning button is randomly bring pressed. Happens in both radio and media modes. It will happen about once every 5 to 10 minutes.
My guess is that either the touch screen is glitching and sending a signal when it shouldn't be, or the steering wheel assembly is doing it. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it? If there was an easy way to "unplug" the steering wheel controls I would do that to see if that eliminates the issue, so that i could at least isolate where the false signals are coming from.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery to reset everything.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:49 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

If you know someone with a professional-grade scan tool that can access the audio system, in the datastream mode you could monitor if the steering wheel buttons are registering a press when the issue occurs.

Have you noticed any correlation between turning the steering wheel and the station/track changing? Maybe it's a clockspring issue in the steering column.

-Rod

Old 04-19-2018, 05:41 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far have not been able to identify any pattern... it can do it going right down the highway doing nothing, while turning, while accessing a different function on the touch screen.... you name it. At first I thought it was my kid messing with me from the back seat with the remote. But nope, still happens with kids gone and remote in the rear console. I'll try the battery disconnect, worth a try and easy to do.

Quick Reply: Stereo control issue