DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/)
-   -   New Member to the Forum (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/418164-new-member-to-the-forum.html)

UKLJ 09-22-2018 06:02 PM

New Member to the Forum

Hi All,

My name is Larry and so glad I came across this forum. I have an 11 Dodge Durango Citadel which is fully loaded.

I recently updated my 430n RHB unit with the latest maps from Garmin which required a software update (RHB MY11 23.05.01 Garmin MY11 v2.50). I followed the instructions by installing the software then the maps and both completed successfully. Since the update, my 430n RHB unit does not work, it will continuously power off and on and never pass the Federal Law notification screen where you have to accept click the accept button (the screen does not respond when trying to select the accept button). This issue has disabled all UConnect and Bluetooth capability. It also no longer displays my rear view camera when backing up.

I am am hoping the experts on here will be able to share their knowledge with how to fix this issue.

I appreciate everyone’s help and look forward to meeting and talking with everyone.

Larry

hellomoto_25 09-24-2018 02:52 AM

What was your previous firmware version? 20 or 30?

Have you tried a hard reset?

Try unplugging the battery for a few minutes.

hellomoto_25 09-24-2018 02:57 AM

Also, if you did go from a 20 fw version and skipped the 30, you have bricked it and it corrupted the hard drive. You can pull the drive and replace it. Not very difficult.

Google is your friend. Hope this gets you started at least.

GDM 09-24-2018 07:34 AM

I know my comments here won't help restore your UConnect system, but might help others considering upgrading their Garmin navigation software. I purchased my 2011 DD new and within a year started receiving messages on my UConnect screen that my navigation system needs map updates. I refuse to pay Garmin $150 every time an update is needed and have instead relied on two devices. One is a portable Garmin I purchased awhile ago for around $100 with free map updates and the second is my Smart phone's GPS. Either one of these devices works nicely while ignoring my vehicle's outdated built in GPS for the most part.

ZEN357 09-24-2018 08:06 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!

UKLJ 09-24-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25 (Post 3411459)

I honestly don’t recall my previous version of the software and performed a hard and soft reset with no luck.

I take it in tomorrow for a diagnostic test.

UKLJ 09-24-2018 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25 (Post 3411459)

Originally Posted by hellomoto_25 (Post 3411460)
Also, if you did go from a 20 fw version and skipped the 30, you have bricked it and it corrupted the hard drive. You can pull the drive and replace it. Not very difficult.

Google is your friend. Hope this gets you started at least.

I apprecite it. If it comes back that the entire unit has to be replaced, do you know of a good aftermarket unit that would be a good replacement?

UKLJ 09-24-2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ZEN357 (Post 3411469)
Welcome to the forum!!!

Thank you!

hellomoto_25 09-30-2018 11:06 PM

No, I was referring to replacing the hard drive in your current unit. It has a standard hard drive that can be swapped out.

It might be easier to get the whole unit replaced with something that has apple CarPlay.