3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Nothing But Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 09:35 PM
Fischy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nothing But Issues...

Hello everyone.

I'll keep this as short as I can, I'm not trying to waste anyone's time but I would like somebody's input. I recently (4 months ago) traded in my Ram 1500 for a certified used 2018 Durango GT. I read tons of reviews on this vehicle and it seemed like most people who own one love it. So, at first everything was good, the vehicle had about 20,000 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. Last month my wife and I decided to take a trip down to Pennsylvania and just as we were about to head back home later that evening the Durango started shaking pretty violently when I tried to accelerate. I took it to an Autozone and it turns out cylinder #6 was misfiring due to a bad plug. As frustrating as this was because there was only about 21,000 miles on it at this point, I shrugged it off as a sh*t happens kind of thing and got it fixed at the dealer (which was a quick overnight turn around, and they did the job for free under warrantee).

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I had to drive from NJ to GA for work, and about halfway through that trip the Uconnect system kept restarting itself. Which kinda sucks when your using Android Auto for navigation while driving down the East Coast. I'm still in Georgia and I wont be able to drop the car off at the dealer until I get back up to NJ, which means i'll be driving back up the east coast listening to the radio restart itself for 15 hours. I also noticed this afternoon that the paddle shifters will only shift the transmission to lower gears. Even the positive paddle will shift down. I've had this Durango for 4 months and I've already had more problems than I've ever had the 5 years that I owned the Ram, and I'm starting to really regret this purchase. If all of this is going on after 4 months, what kind of nonsense do I have to look forward to a year or 2 years from now?

Anyway, what I want to know is, has anyone here had these kind of issues with their Durango GT, in this short amount of time? Any kind of insight anyone could give me would help a lot. If you made it to the end of this thread, I appreciate your time! Thanks guys!

Fisch

Old 04-01-2019, 12:40 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not of much help with the issues you're encountering as fortunately I have not encountered any of them. But, while in Georgia you can take it to a local dealership who hopefully offers a loaner vehicle given your situation. You are not limited to use the dealer you purchased from for warranty repairs.

-Rod

Quick Reply: Nothing But Issues...