3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Any issues with SRT Durangos?

Old 04-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Franko
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any issues with SRT Durangos?

I have an SRT Durango that is rapidly coming up on a year old and I'm wondering if I should go for the factory vehicle extended warranty. It's quite pricey at around $2,400 for 5 year 75k so wondering if it's worth it and if anyone on the forum has had common issues that may come up? I'm probably going to keep the vehicle for 5 years. I have a 2013 RAM with a lifetime warranty that I have yet to use

Thank you for your help.
Franko

Old 04-16-2019, 06:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

It's gambling. If you don't buy it, you are betting that you won't need it, or, any repairs that you DO need, will be less than that. If you DO buy it, you are betting that you are going to need it...... My take on it? Its better to have it, and not need it, than it is to need it, and not have it..... If it covers more than just powertrain, I would be REAL tempted to spring for it.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:00 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's like Vegas. The house always wins, as the old saying goes. Or more accurately, on average they do. Some people come out ahead on extended warranties, most don't. I think most people would be better off in life never paying a dime for an extended warranty, and either maintain the financial liquidity to deal with the unexpected or a credit card with available balance to do the same.

If the repairs to a Durango SRT (or BMW or whatever you choose to drive) could break you, you probably are buying more vehicle than you can afford at this stage of your life.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:13 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if you choose to not get the extended warranty....when your current warranty is near expiry...get a peace of mind inspection from the dealer. Tell them why your getting the inspection...to find and fix any problems while you still have coverage. The don't do full suspension checks during a oil change...they will check suspension, brakes, any leaks at this inspection.

Last edited by primem; 04-18-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:15 AM
Franko
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I get the gambling part

Anybody had any major issues with SRT Durangos yet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any issues with SRT Durangos?