3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2015 Durango SXT Readlight Alignment Screw

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Carl Hanson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Durango SXT Readlight Alignment Screw

I have a 2015 Durango SXT. The right (passenger) side head light is aimed too high. The internal adjustment screw seems to be stripped. I can raise it higher from the mid adjustment and up, but once I go below half way, the lens stops moving and won't come down. The question I have is "can the screw be replaced or do I need to purchase a replacement headlight assembly. The vertical phillips head screw that I am turning actuates a horizontal screw that goes into the lens area of the headlight assembly. That is the screw that is stripped. To remove the headlight assembly, you have to remove the front bumper cover and the front grill to be able to get at the bottom headlight assembly screws. Either way, I have to remove the assembly, just want to know if I should have a replacement ready before I start.
2015 Durango Headlight Assembly - Alignment Screw

Old 06-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Carl Hanson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the answer, I took apart the front end of the car and removed the headlight assembly. I found that the headlight linkage screw was fine, but the attachment piece that connects to the lens assembly had come loose. It has steel grips that are supposed to hold it in place. The part looked good and I was able to put it back into the lens assembly and get it seated really well. I was then able to attach the right angle screw adjuster to it and reinstall the screw adjuster on the assembly. Re-installed the headlight assembly and the lower bumper and grill. Now I can re-align the headlight and stop having all the drivers flashing their lights at me at night.

Case closed and it took around 2-3 hours of time to tear apart and re-assemble.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: 2015 Durango SXT Readlight Alignment Screw