Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
The Cank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jusjay727
everyone including us 4.7l's? at the same time sil....cause the evryone comment leads others to believe so just so evryone realizes no -03s....
Yeah yeah I figured this us 03 guys get nothing... I have come to expect that

Old 04-24-2010, 01:08 PM
08arhemi
Professional

So I finally got my SC...and I really like it. First off...MDS is gone! Whew...my truck just seems to have more pep and drives a lot better! Good investment...now to update...

Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Invigor

Anyone know if there is going to be a charge for the update? And the 72 hour coupon .... is that going to be 72 hours from the point that i d'l it or from release date?

Old 04-25-2010, 02:13 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Invigor
Anyone know if there is going to be a charge for the update? And the 72 hour coupon .... is that going to be 72 hours from the point that i d'l it or from release date?
Coupon will be valid for 72 hours after release. Covers 04-09 Hemi trucks. There will be a nominal charge after the 72 hour free upgrade period.

Sil

Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sil in the last post you stated hemi trucks and in the post before you stated everyone is it going to be hemi's only at first and us 4.7 guys have to wait or is this gonna be a full release to 04-08 ram trucks v8?.....

Old 04-25-2010, 05:05 PM
ram man17
Captain

sil in the last post you stated hemi trucks and in the post before you stated everyone is it going to be hemi's only at first and us 4.7 guys have to wait or is this gonna be a full release to 04-08 ram trucks v8?.....
It seems like this is the key question...I asked the same question a few pages back and never got a solid answer. They just keep running around the question by giving no definite answer.
So far this is how I have seen this whole superchip upgrade...
Phase 1. Introduce the program by saying it will be released (no one ever knows when though)
Phase 2. Beta testers (they some how are always "getting closer" but still no release date)
Phase 3. Prepare for release. which we currently are dealing with. (yet still no release date and no straight forward facts or answers)
Superchips, your killing us with the suspense of waiting and waiting!
**also in no way am I trying to bash Superchips or their product, it was my 1st mod and well worth it. So if I am coming off as a jerk, ******* or a d***, i apologize. I am just trying to express my views (and probably many others too)
I am just very very eager to get my hands on this upgrade

Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

The free coupon upgrade period is for Hemi 04-09 only.

As each subsequent application is released in the future, there will be a nominal fee to upgrade to the option. Scott will post what that is when released.

Sil

Old 04-25-2010, 05:35 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ram man17
Phase 1. Introduce the program by saying it will be released (no one ever knows when though)
When this program was initially in the Alpha stage, I suggested to Superchips we share this process with enthusiasts on the forums. Since I do not work with Superchips, I was thinking as an enthusiast when I made that recommendation. Superchips was perfectly fine to have this entire process offline. That was their initial intention. This process started Alpha testing in July of 2009, with one tester myself.

The first wave of betas came online in Sept. 2009 and we've been tweaking this incredibly complex program ever since.

To be perfectly honest and after reading some of the frustration on the forums during this process, I would have never recommended making this public. Hindsight is 20/20.

Sil

Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
ram man17
Captain

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
When this program was initially in the Alpha stage, I suggested to Superchips we share this process with enthusiasts on the forums. Since I do not work with Superchips, I was thinking as an enthusiast when I made that recommendation. Superchips was perfectly fine to have this entire process offline. That was their initial intention. This process started Alpha testing in July of 2009, with one tester myself.

The first wave of betas came online in Sept. 2009 and we've been tweaking this incredibly complex program ever since.

To be perfectly honest and after reading some of the frustration on the forums during this process, I would have never recommended making this public. Hindsight is 20/20.

Sil
I didnt mean to come off as an *** or anything. I appreciate Superchips and all they have done. its just these days, NO ONE HAS PATIENCE including myself.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by ram man17
I didnt mean to come off as an *** or anything. I appreciate Superchips and all they have done. its just these days, NO ONE HAS PATIENCE including myself.
It's cool. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. World would be boring if we were all the same.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates