Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
nateroach
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ thanks for the quick response Silver^^
I'll look over frog's and Matt's schedules this afternoon.

Any other input on level of "aggressiveness" (if thats a accurate classification) would be appreciated.

nateroach

Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by nateroach
ok...
So I haven't had the chance to update my tuner as i am stuck at work, but I have been looking over the shift schedules that are hosted on the mcfail website (thanks for those that have provided these).

After looking over these shift schedules... well there is a lot of data and info here. My first question is if there is an idiot tune aka, a 1 click SC defined shift schedule (forgive me this probably has already been covered)?

Second question: of those schedules hosted on the mcfail site, are some more purpose specific than others?

after reviewing the schedules here is where I am stuck.

I have an 07, so I am looking at those in the 07 folder, but I was wondering what one would work best as a starting point.

I know that this is all up to the user to modify to their taste, but are some geared more for a specific purpose then others.

For example...
I know that Rubberfrog has a 2500, so I am not realling looking at that one for a base line because I have a 1500, and in an earlier post it was mentioned that 2500 TP's won't be the same as 1500 TP's. So I am left with Matt's and Mark's shift schedules.

Now comparing Matt's schedule to Marks, it appears that Matt's is more "aggressive" (higher shift speed) while marks are closer to the stock #'s. My question is if Matt's schedule is more suited for performance/WOT runs than Mark's? I am not looking for a "speed" tune per say. I am just looking for more responsive shifting.

Sorry for the long post and it may be confusing, but I am just looking for some direction on the best starting point for a mild trans tune that is focused more on responsive, smooth shifting that won't compromise MPG

thanks,
Nateroach
No one-click schedules, unless you choose SC's proprietary schedule (you're using that now). This is totally controlled by you. Superchips has no input in regards to USER schedules.

Rubberfrog has a 1500. That's a good schedule to start off with. You can tweak to your liking from there.

Yes, Matt's is much more aggressive. I would start off with Rubberfrog's schedule.

Sil

Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM
nateroach
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
No one-click schedules, unless you choose SC's proprietary schedule (you're using that now). This is totally controlled by you. Superchips has no input in regards to USER schedules.

Rubberfrog has a 1500. That's a good schedule to start off with. You can tweak to your liking from there.

Yes, Matt's is much more aggressive. I would start off with Rubberfrog's schedule.

Sil
Your the man Sil...

thanks,
nateroach

Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

This is one of the few times that I can't wait for my vacation to be over so I can get home and install the new tuning on my truck.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 PM
SilentRamAD
Veteran

And now that it's out, what's the ETA on us 4.7's Testing or possibly just shooting it out there for us haha

Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM
dru22

Originally Posted by SilentRamAD
And now that it's out, what's the ETA on us 4.7's Testing or possibly just shooting it out there for us haha

Old 05-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Jacob2k8
Default superchips

I have a 2003 1500 Hemi and also a 2007 2500 ram hemi. Would i be able to use the same flashpaq for both? I know the same machine will work for both, but can i necessarily use it for both trucks. I am not trying to scam the company, but I own both trucks. thanks for any help. I appreciate it all.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Jacob2k8
I have a 2003 1500 Hemi and also a 2007 2500 ram hemi. Would i be able to use the same flashpaq for both? I know the same machine will work for both, but can i necessarily use it for both trucks. I am not trying to scam the company, but I own both trucks. thanks for any help. I appreciate it all.
I believe you'd have to purchase a Cortex. If you were to tune your 03 with a Flashpaq, the tuner will be locked specifically to that vehicle until you return it back to stock.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
dru22

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
I believe you'd have to purchase a Cortex. If you were to tune your 03 with a Flashpaq, the tuner will be locked specifically to that vehicle until you return it back to stock.

yeah, you only get one with the flashpaq, although, I'm not sure of the specifics on the cortex....

Old 05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
pousaan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know who has a good shift schedule I can go by for my truck??? Other than Mark's??? 2007 Ram 2500 Hemi with 4.10 rear, rolling on 35" tires?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates