Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:51 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamStrat
Both....

well, upgrades it depends on how much coin you have really.

most people start with the basics. add a high flow intake and exhaust. let the engine breathe. from there, you step up in expense when you get to headers and so on. pair that with a programmer to tighten up shift and set new shiftpoints etc. and you've got a good base.

you hear of some people putting in a new cam, but it just doesnt give you enough hp increase to justify the expense. to do it right, id say get heads ported, headers, trans torque convertor and shift kit, bearings, software etc. but ur looking at big money.

for programmer upgrades, you really should look into the transmission tune update for 39.99 from superchips. if you already have it, look up mcfail.net/superchips for a shift schedule for your year and engine. it will liven your truck right up.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional

Originally Posted by m3summ
Thanks for the great reply! This stuff may as well be in another language ha. I do all of my own work, from superchargers to motors, but to interpret these graphs and try to plot it in the tuner, I know I may f! something up. ha I guess I have my work cut out for me because until I know what Im doing Im not gonna mess with it. Back to researching ha! Thanks to all of you guys!
you dont really need to interpret the graphs, and the tuner has a fail safe built in that doesnt allow you to stack upshifts over downshifts.

just try a non aggressive shift schedule first. be prepared to set aside some decent time to punch it all in though. its a bit time consuming.

then go for a drive, and take note of how and when it shifts. if you feel it doesnt match your driving style, just lower some of the shifts points.

it was overwhelming for me too, but i just did it till i found the sweet spots for shifts. now i love it.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:57 AM
m3summ
Rookie

I bought the transmission package. I set my TM to 10% for 1-4. The truck feels good, all I want to do is change how much I have to push the accelerator down to down shift. Otherwise I like how superchips has the shifting schedule. Is there any way to just adjust the down shift out of overdrive? Thanks again for your patience bartvandenberg!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:17 AM
bartvandenberg
Professional

Originally Posted by m3summ
I bought the transmission package. I set my TM to 10% for 1-4. The truck feels good, all I want to do is change how much I have to push the accelerator down to down shift. Otherwise I like how superchips has the shifting schedule. Is there any way to just adjust the down shift out of overdrive? Thanks again for your patience bartvandenberg!

change your shift schedule to user (instead of superchips)

I'm not positive, so maybe someone else here can shed some more light on the topic, but changing some values in 4 up and 5 dn a bit higher should help with that.

I know I used an aggressive shift schedule from mcfail.net/superchips for my truck, and @ about 80 km/h (or around 50mph i guess) it kept shifting dn with the slightest touch of throttle. Really annoying if you are stuck behind someone going slow, and trying to maintain a speed. So, i adjusted the shift points a bit lower in 4 up and 5dn, and now its perfect.

hope I helped a bit!

how are you liking the tweaks so far? as opposed to stock? worth the money no?

Old 08-22-2010, 12:59 PM
m3summ
Rookie

Originally Posted by bartvandenberg
change your shift schedule to user (instead of superchips)

I'm not positive, so maybe someone else here can shed some more light on the topic, but changing some values in 4 up and 5 dn a bit higher should help with that.

I know I used an aggressive shift schedule from mcfail.net/superchips for my truck, and @ about 80 km/h (or around 50mph i guess) it kept shifting dn with the slightest touch of throttle. Really annoying if you are stuck behind someone going slow, and trying to maintain a speed. So, i adjusted the shift points a bit lower in 4 up and 5dn, and now its perfect.

hope I helped a bit!

how are you liking the tweaks so far? as opposed to stock? worth the money no?
Thanks bud, Im gonna look into changing the 4th an 5th shift schedule. I like how it shifts though, its just that down shift out of OD. Either way I love the change in the truck. I put the magnaflow exhaust and the tuner on in the same day and WOW! Truck feels awesome, love the sound and everyone stares at my truck LOL. I also have seen an increase in MPG of about 2 -2.5mpg. All in all great investment for me. Thanks again ill let you know how I make out. Maybe you can tell me what your 4th and 5th shift schedule are and I can go from there. Thanks! By the way your truck looks SWEET!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Armyguy11B

whats the difference between the 3815 and the 3865 for a 07 hemi??

Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

The 3815 Flashpaq was our first generation internet updateable programmer and stopped production at the 2008 model year.

The 3865 took over and continues to provide our best in class tuning options for 03-2010 applications. Features such as TPMS adjust and Advanced Trans Tuning are also only applicable for the 3865 Flashpaq.

Scott

Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just wanted to say I ran into two guys at the Superchips booth at the Truck & Jeep Fest in Orlando yesterday. Very knowledgeable on the product and represented your products quite well.
With employees like this, it's not hard to see why the company is so successful. Kudos...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Armyguy11B

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
The 3815 Flashpaq was our first generation internet updateable programmer and stopped production at the 2008 model year.

The 3865 took over and continues to provide our best in class tuning options for 03-2010 applications. Features such as TPMS adjust and Advanced Trans Tuning are also only applicable for the 3865 Flashpaq.

Scott
Thanks for the reply.. Im picking up a cortex 3950 either tonight or tomorrow!! what are the best settings for a 07 ram hemi 1500 that is stock... im getting ready to order a CAI and exhaust.. but gonna run it stock for a week or so..

Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
jared1984
Amateur
Default Scott....what changes with "easy update" on 3865

Hey guys...Just did the "easy update" to my 3865 a few minutes ago. I was wondering whats on it? I updated it a month or so ago...so what has changed from then to now? More power? HEHEHE
Just curious
Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates