Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to tell all yall SuperChippers that I have just recently joined your brotherhood and all I can say is... HOLY HELL MAN! I have woke a sleeping BEAST! I am very happy with what I'v seen so far. i guess after the new wears off I'll be on here bitchin for more like some of you, but for now I'm good.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
You get further with sugar and water then you do with **** and vinegar.
You can't make everyone happy, but you can try.

When the transmission tuning is released, most of this will be a distant memory. It's going to be that good and done right. I've seen the complete list and I'm amazed how well thought out the tuning option will be. We'll just have to wait and hope customers enjoy the new stuff. I'm just excited that a company with a thorough knowledge of the Ram TCM is producing such an option. I'm excited George.

Sil

Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 PM
traker1001
Captain

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
You get further with sugar and water then you do with **** and vinegar. I remember way back when Sil was telling us to "ask for what you want." Well, SC listened to quite a bit of it and is giving us more. Unfortunately, I suspect that no matter what they do some people will always complain. If you want an adjusted trans schedule on your 3815, try asking for it. My children get a lot more from me when they smile real cute and use their manners. They almost never get what they want when they throw a tantrum and and speak disrespectful to me.
I did ask and was told NO. Which is part of the reason I went to the DSP. Now I don't have to ask and anytime I have asked they helped.

Why did they adjust yours?

Mind you, Features added that were already available and working in other tuners and that customers had been asking for a while.

One thing to be disrespectful and another thing to be disrespected, I feel most that are complaining (Including me) are feeling the latter. I don't know about you, But when I am feeling disrespected I usually return the favor, be it children or businesses.

In my Humble opinion SC is after one thing, $$$, Customer be damned. It is funny that everything that they have done that is considered bad is in the interest of better servicing the customers while at the same time giving the customer the shaft with little or no concession.

Prove me wrong...

Now, don't get me wrong, I was happy with the SC, It was a very good product. And DSP would probably do the same crap if it served them. Just the DSP was better and Diablo worked with me. And as I don't buy into vaporware I didn't want to wait and have seen nothing to show any real possibility that waiting would end up paying off (It wouldn't have.). Besides I made money from the sale on both the SC products I have owned.

Sil, I imagine you get paid by them and if you don't you get to play with them a hell of alot closer than most the rest of us do. Forgive me If I take what you say about them with a grain of salt, As I believe you are a touch biased towards them. For you to say something negative and not push there product would be like Hugh Hefner telling women to put on more clothing.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

I disagree that SC did this on purpose, but I'm still ticked they didn't mention anything/have forsight about the 3815 not being able to handle the new stuff.
I was told that they would basically have a 'quick, quicker, quicker still, blow up trans' type of thing. I feel that would work on the 3815. what they are delivering is quite more complicated (likely to keep up with DSP), but has also taken longer than anticipated, and will take a hardware upgrade. We're not asking for moon dust guys, just what you said we'd get.

Traker, I gotta disagree. Their customer service is everything you can ask for. Hell, we got the president of the company here, they answer the phone, and they have even returned money to people on here in situations where most companies would not. sure they need to hire another engineer or two, but i can't rag on their CS.

So yes I'm ticked the 3815 won't support it, but considering that I got the SC just for the trans stuff (i run 87 tune because there is no 89 tune) I would likely upgrade.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by traker1001
Sil, I imagine you get paid by them
I'm not a paid employee of Superchips. That's a fact. If you want to verify with Scott or Tom that I've disagreed with them at times, you may want to PM them to verify. I choose to help them because, there is a way to interact with people in a respectful manner and get things done.

I'm an enthusiast like yourself and I enjoy my Superchips product. I've worked like crazy, on my own time, to make this a better product for all. I'm not looking for anyone to take my opinion with a grain of salt or not. As a matter of fact, things roll off of me quite easily. What I do is help, give feedback and recommendations to Superchips. Obviously that has paid off for customers on the forums with these terrific transmission options that are coming.

I'm really proud of that.

Sil

Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by BEAR
I just wanted to tell all yall SuperChippers that I have just recently joined your brotherhood and all I can say is... HOLY HELL MAN! I have woke a sleeping BEAST! I am very happy with what I'v seen so far. i guess after the new wears off I'll be on here bitchin for more like some of you, but for now I'm good.
Nice feedback. Congratulations BEAR! Enjoy your Superchips.

Sil

Old 07-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

I just wanted to find out why I couldn't use mine on my stock truck.....The guy that answered the phone (i'll save his name here, no one should get fired or anything i dont think), but he wasnt interested. sounded like he was interested in getting off the phone, thats it. And, I called him twice. Is it because i didnt buy mine new, it was used? I just wanna share bears entheusiasm i guess but can't just yet.....off to the dealer this week to get the pcm flashed then we will see. sorry just had to vent.

I really do hope that the 3815 is adaptable with the new updates, that would really suck if its not the case. i wont worry about that for a while though.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 PM
traker1001
Captain

Sil, I really meant no offense, Im not saying your lying and have no need to verify as I beleive what you say. Im saying, You get betas and have a close personal realtionship with the SC guys. AKA, Any thing most of us tell them would be ignored where as anything you say would probably be considered. You get new trials, and new devices. Do you even pay for them? I am saying that because of this, to me, you are very biased.

The grain of salt comment was only intended for what you say about SC. I do read and consider the stuff that you contribute not related to SC. And I personally respect you as an overall forum contributer.

Now, Let me state that if indeed SC someday becomes (As my daughter would say) all that and a bag of chips more than the DSP, I will drop the DSP everybit as fast as I dropped SC. But at the moment that is a hug leap.

My loyalties lie nowhere other than in my truck. As do I suspect most people in forums like these.

Have you tried the competitors recently?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:32 AM
ArkHemi
Professional

Just my .02 worth (and I'm nobody so it don't really matter!!)

Personally I just got my 06 Hemi back at the end of January. One of the first things I bought was a 3815 so I haven't had mine very long. Am I pissed that it won't handle these new features? Ubet I am but I also understand that technology outgrows itself. I have a degree in Computer Science (although I don't work in the field) and I've been building my own computers for years so I'm painfully aware that A LOT of times when I buy new hardware it is outdated 6 months down the road!!! Doesn't mean I like it but that is just a fact.

I know some of you guys have been waiting for this stuff for a lot longer than I have even owned my truck and I'd probably be tired of waiting for it too if I were you, I'm not taking that away.

I am just glad that Tom, Scott and Sil are here to keep us informed of this stuff. They don't have to do it, they do it for us. You don't see folks from Diablosport on here!!! I'm willing to give them a chance and see how the buyback program will work, if it does, and see what they have to offer. Don't think for a minute I won't switch to a DSP if I'm not happy with the results but I feel that I at least owe them a chance to prove themselves. Again, they don't have to be here keeping us informed but they do. I think it shows a committment to their customers and their product. And all you guys giving Sil a hard time, stop and think. If you could be a mouthpiece for them (or Diablosport) in exchange for advanced knowledge of their products, beta testing and probably a free tuner here and there you would all jump on it, I know I would. So cut him a little slack. Only a little though, got to keep him honest!!!

Sil mentioned in an earlier post that if you wanted to know the details of the buy-back to PM Scott so I have done that and would urge you guys to do it as well. See what they have to say before we make up our minds.

Like I said, just my .02 worth.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:52 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by traker1001
Sil, I really meant no offense, Im not saying your lying and have no need to verify as I beleive what you say. Im saying, You get betas and have a close personal realtionship with the SC guys. AKA, Any thing most of us tell them would be ignored where as anything you say would probably be considered. You get new trials, and new devices. Do you even pay for them? I am saying that because of this, to me, you are very biased.

The grain of salt comment was only intended for what you say about SC. I do read and consider the stuff that you contribute not related to SC. And I personally respect you as an overall forum contributer.

Now, Let me state that if indeed SC someday becomes (As my daughter would say) all that and a bag of chips more than the DSP, I will drop the DSP everybit as fast as I dropped SC. But at the moment that is a hug leap.

My loyalties lie nowhere other than in my truck. As do I suspect most people in forums like these.

Have you tried the competitors recently?
None taken. My skin is thick.

Anything I beta test ends up going to production, this means there is no charge for improvements to the calibration. Everyone can update to fixes, without charge. You only read my forum posts. What goes on in the background is a vigorous debate with the Superchips folks and Tom, Scott, etc. welcome it. I choose not to share those conversations on the forums because, that would be a non-productive excercise. Staying positive is much more productive. Where at this point now because, I give them feedback I read on the forums and Scott does the same as well. I'm glad you're happy with your product, but I can tell you transmission tuning wise it will never match what Superchips will release. They don't have the knowledge to fully complete TCM tuning.

I won't try the competitor because, their quality control is poor. Not interested installing that type of product on my expensive truck.

Sil

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates