Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArkHemi
Just my .02 worth (and I'm nobody so it don't really matter!!)

Personally I just got my 06 Hemi back at the end of January. One of the first things I bought was a 3815 so I haven't had mine very long. Am I pissed that it won't handle these new features? Ubet I am but I also understand that technology outgrows itself. I have a degree in Computer Science (although I don't work in the field) and I've been building my own computers for years so I'm painfully aware that A LOT of times when I buy new hardware it is outdated 6 months down the road!!! Doesn't mean I like it but that is just a fact.
I agree, BUT THEY KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!!! Like I said in an earlier post (after I calmed down), just a warning would have been nice.
Go a few pages back, when someone asked 'will the 3815 be able to upgrade?' I said 'well, they've been raving about it much longer than the 3865 has been out, so I would imagine it would'...would have been nice for them or Sil to come out and tell us that months ago. That's still a shady move on their part IMO. But like AF said, they're a business.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read through all that went on in the last couple weeks while I have been gone and I have to say, if I still had my 3815, I would be pretty pissed like some of the other guys are. After all of the time we heard about the soon to come options, no one ever mentioned that it was even a possibility that they might not work on the 3815. Makes me feel bad for all the guys with 3815's who were advised to wait for the new options and did only to find out that the trans update will not even work on their tuner.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:36 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran

THANK YOU...EXACTLY!!! That's our entire point (the guys who are a little hostile and not being all soft on the issue.) We feel ripped off, not because of the outdated technology (we get that) but because of the advertising! "Coming Soon" SHOULD HAVE BEEN "Coming soon with an upgrade, which we will want your 3815, and some more $" then we'd have no complaint, but they dragged us along knowing that the 3815 was outdated, AND THAT'S WHY THEY MADE THE NEW SUPERCHIPS VERSION, so the software they have known about for month would fit on the damn thing!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by SilsHemi

I won't try the competitor because, their quality control is poor. Not interested installing that type of product on my expensive truck.

Sil

Thats a pretty ballzy statement there. You wont try the competitors product to see how it stacks up to the SC just because you assume that their quality control is poor??? That right there is more than enough of a reason for me to not believe a word coming out of your mouth about how the new SC trans tuning is going be the best trans tuning software out, and will set the standard for trans tuning.

You can not, and I will repeat that, you CAN NOT come out saying that the SC is going to set the standard for trans tuning without trying out the competitors product first hand for an accurate comparison between the two. Even an exaduration of how the SC compares to the competitions is better than out right saying that you will not try out the competitions.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I am going to reserve my judgement on these new trans functions until after I see what they do exactly and hear some first hand reviews of these features.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

So what do you think, should we just get a noose and hang Sils right here? It's not like he's actually done anything for us. Big deal... so he lobbied SC for years, passed on our complaints, took repeated insults without taking it personal, kept us in the loop as much as he was allowed with inside information... what's that worth? let's take him out back and kick him real good....

I understand the guys that are disappointed with SC, but why all the Sils bashing? He doesn't work for SC, period. He does all of this out of his enthusiasm for the dodge ram community. Sorry he's not telling some of you what you want to hear, but all he can tell you is what he is told and/or experiences first hand. Give the guy a break.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

my opinion on this is that its just out of are control. complaining and stuff is not going to do anything. doing the buy back program is actually going to help the 3815 owners bc once the updates are released their value is going to drop big time and be tougher to sell on its own. we should really appreciate what the sc guys and sil do on here bc i do not see the other tuner doing the same thing...

Old 07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by truckin151
Thats a pretty ballzy statement there.
Yep and true.

I'm not concerned whether you believe me or not. The fact is, their quality control doesn't compare to SC. The fact is, the transmission options will be best in class for our Rams. Since SC knows the Ram TCM better than any of it's competitors, it only stands to reason it will be best in class. I've seen what's being offered. It's not a cookie cutter approach. I don't have to convince you and it's certainly not my goal to do so. The customers who run the new transmission options and report back on the forums will provide any feedback you may need. As far as running the other product, I have an investment to protect. I choose to run the tuner I believe best serves that goal. We all have a choice.

Sil

Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
So what do you think, should we just get a noose and hang Sils right here? It's not like he's actually done anything for us. Big deal... so he lobbied SC for years, passed on our complaints, took repeated insults without taking it personal, kept us in the loop as much as he was allowed with inside information... what's that worth? let's take him out back and kick him real good....

I understand the guys that are disappointed with SC, but why all the Sils bashing? He doesn't work for SC, period. He does all of this out of his enthusiasm for the dodge ram community. Sorry he's not telling some of you what you want to hear, but all he can tell you is what he is told and/or experiences first hand. Give the guy a break.
Thank you George. You know, you've always been supportive of good competition between the tuning companies and that's a good thing for all. I do appreciate the way you handle yourself on the forums.

If I could wave a wand and make room on the 3815, I would. It's just impossible and I can tell you there was nothing calculated here. I can say that without equivocation. When I was told this, the first thing that came out of Scott's mouth was the trade in program. They didn't have to do that, but they did. Not everyone will be satisfied with this explanation and that's to be expected. I'm perfectly fine with the negative feedback, as it comes with the territory.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Sil

Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Is $150 the set amount for the 3815 buyback?

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates