Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertens
It does suck that we were told to wait it out with the 3815 and find out now that what we have been waiting for is not compatible with it. Superchips clearly knew what the 3815 was capible of handling and the amount of memory this new tuning would require. This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But, I will hold my breath until I figure out what this buy back works out to be. Is the $150 what we would get for our 3815? Or is it the difference we'd pay for the new tuner?
The difference..

Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Why is it that no one is complaining to Dell that their 5 y/o computer is too slow? No one is complaining to Dodge that the 3rd gens 5.7l is more powerful than the 2nd gen 5.9l? No one is complaining to LG that their old phone doesn't have a camera?

So how are these examples any different than Superchips? I'll tell you. When is the last time Dell asked you what operating system you wanted? When's the last time a Dodge Rep. offered you a buy back plan? When is the last time LG joined a forum to talk to you about their cell phones?

The way i see it, Superchips cares more about their customers than most companies yet you guys still want to moan. So what, an ELECTRONIC product you purchased isn't compatible with the latest technology. You guys invest money in upgrading your Tvs, cell phones, cameras, and computers so why not your tuner? The new trans option I'm sure will be outstanding and you guys will be very pleased with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^

Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Here's the PM Scott sent me. Thanks for the info Scott I will keep his in mind. My 3815 does the job I bought it for but if I here good reviews on the trans tune I'll consider upgrading.

Was I dissappointed the new updates won't work on my 3815 sure, but nowhere near as much as I was four years ago, when six months after purchasing an expensive computer (so it would be upgradable) just to find out dual core processors were coming out and I had the last chip set that wouldn't handle the dual cores.

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Hey Ryan,

Thanks for inquiring with me on the trade up program.

We are currently offering 3815 owners $150 credit towards the purchase of a 3865.

Those interested just need to contact our customer service department at 888-227-2447 and let the rep you speak with know that you are wanting to trade up your 3815 for a 3865.

The rep will take your info and issue you an RA number to send your 3815 back to us.

If you have any further questions feel free to let me know.

Scott

Originally Posted by Ramdamit98
I was interested in knowing more about the buy back program that'll be offered to upgrade from the 3815 to the 3865.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So does that mean you can outright sell the 3815 to SC for $150 cash or will the $150 be restricted to a coupon for the purchase of a new tuner?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
The new trans option I'm sure will be outstanding and you guys will be very pleased with it.
Yeppers.

It's going to be good stuff. The engineer at Superchips is extremely talented and he's thought this transmission tuning option out. As Tom mentioned, they'll be a feature built in that will be intelligent enough to block the end user from stacking shifts and harming their transmission. That's really cool.

Sil

Old 07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
So does that mean you can outright sell the 3815 to SC for $150 cash or will the $150 be restricted to a coupon for the purchase of a new tuner?
"We are currently offering 3815 owners $150 credit towards the purchase of a 3865."

Sounds like you give them your 3815 and they give you $150 off the purchase of an 3865. You're better off selling your 3815 for cash on ebay/CL/forums and then buying a 3865 or DSP. The buyback is actually worse than I thought it was going to be...with $150 credit you're looking at 220+ out of pocket.

If you're going to sell it i'd do it ASAP...like someone else said, once the tranny options come out everyone is going to get rid of theirs and drive their value down.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
And sell em soon because once word gets out then eBay will be flooded with low cost tuners.
what im afraid of. Glad i got a great deal on one locally i guess. now, ill have to give it away just like my hypertech. even though its good, nobody wants old stuff that doesnt update or anything.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

LOL, Kinda funny... Havent worked in retail in 10 or so yrs but it never fails..... for instance some folks buy a product.... Used it , I can see a beef with a month or 2 of use, but you folks out there that have had em longer.... HOLY ****.... Your telling me you buy something use the hell outta it then want a full refund and thats fair.... ? ..... No wonder why everything is so damn expensive... companies gotta cover their asses just so when someone has a bitch fit they dont go under... Geez thats all we need these days.... Common you penny pinchers, lets run to Wally World buy the Biggest damn TV and watch the race and return it tommarrow.... FULL REFUND.....

Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by Redone4x4
what im afraid of. Glad i got a great deal on one locally i guess. now, ill have to give it away just like my hypertech. even though its good, nobody wants old stuff that doesnt update or anything.
Well I know If I have to sell mine, I have a buddy that wants one and Ill give mine to him cheap... No need to make $$ off friends to enjoy life....

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates