Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:12 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donjohnk
LOL, Kinda funny... Havent worked in retail in 10 or so yrs but it never fails..... for instance some folks buy a product.... Used it , I can see a beef with a month or 2 of use, but you folks out there that have had em longer.... HOLY ****.... Your telling me you buy something use the hell outta it then want a full refund and thats fair.... ? ..... No wonder why everything is so damn expensive... companies gotta cover their asses just so when someone has a bitch fit they dont go under... Geez thats all we need these days.... Common you penny pinchers, lets run to Wally World buy the Biggest damn TV and watch the race and return it tommarrow.... FULL REFUND.....
Those are the guys I feel bad for which there are a good amount of them here...if diablo did that to me a month or two after buying i'd be f'in pissed.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Bertens
Professional

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that new electronics are outdated really quickly. I just didn't like the fact that i have had my 3815 for a few months now. Was told there was little to no difference between the two tuners when the 3865 came out. Was told to be patient for the tunes that were to come, and now, there is something amazing comming out way for trans tuning and the programmer I bought for it will not work. They had to know in advance that the 3815 wouldn't be able to handle the trans tunes, they have been working on them for a long time. If I had a little heads up I would have obviously waited the month to purchase the 3865.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the moral of the story is....

1) SC was wrong for shady marketing by not clearing the air when they released the 3865. Announcing that the new tunes will only be available on the new tuner THEN would have kept feathers less ruffled and would have given the company more credibility as an honest company.

2) What's done is done so move on. Either go spend 300-400 on a DSP and be happy because you showed the man, or spend money on a new Superchips and hope those ****'s are worth their hype, or quit whining and keep what you have or return to stock. It may not be fair to you, but it is what it is.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 AM
ramjamhemi
Professional

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Why is it that no one is complaining to Dell that their 5 y/o computer is too slow? No one is complaining to Dodge that the 3rd gens 5.7l is more powerful than the 2nd gen 5.9l? No one is complaining to LG that their old phone doesn't have a camera?

So how are these examples any different than Superchips? I'll tell you. When is the last time Dell asked you what operating system you wanted? When's the last time a Dodge Rep. offered you a buy back plan? When is the last time LG joined a forum to talk to you about their cell phones?

The way i see it, Superchips cares more about their customers than most companies yet you guys still want to moan. So what, an ELECTRONIC product you purchased isn't compatible with the latest technology. You guys invest money in upgrading your Tvs, cell phones, cameras, and computers so why not your tuner? The new trans option I'm sure will be outstanding and you guys will be very pleased with it.
I agree. I think too many people are flying off the handle and not really thinking about what is going on. I'm a mechanical engineer, so I can understand how SC possibly got to this position. Often when I am first undertaking a project, I am asked to quote how long and how much it will cost to complete the job. At the completion of projects, the evaluation shows I have yet to hit dead on with the original quote. Not only have I NOT been fired for this lack of foresight, but instead I am finding that my group size is increasing to deal with the increased number of projects that are coming from a very satisfied customer.

My point is this: SC set the bar to incorporate some supposed nice abilities to control the transmissions on our Rams. Their product exists purely as a support tool for another product (Dodge Ram's). Think about how difficult if must be to try to interface with some other companies product and add features that the original company never intended to exist! Now put your self in SC position again and quote how much memory/computing power you think is necessary to handle this task, and be dead on accurate before you have even started to dig into Dodge's TCM programming. My guess is that SC hoped they could get the program to fit in the 3815, but in the end it just didn't work out. I for one do not want a "watered down" version of the trans tuning. An automatic transmission is THE most complicated assortment of mechanical parts and computer programming in the entire vehicle. I try to humble myself often and stand and be amazed that every day I walk out to my truck, put the key in the ignition, turn it, and the thing fires up and runs. It's amazing to me that a hunk of steel an aluminum has the ability to control and contain countless small explosions in the combustion chamber and use it to haul my lazy butt down the road, day after day. Give the technology and SC some credit for the hard work they do.

I think SC's performance and attention to customers is very admirable. Offering a buy back program on the 3815's is generous. I certainly was not offered any money for my CD Rom burner that was not supported when I upgraded to XP years back and had to buy a new one.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 AM
ramjamhemi
Professional

Admin's, chime in here if I'm off base.

To those of you using colorful language to explain your frustration: I wish you would tone it down.

I love cars and trucks. I'm passing that passion down to my 10 year old son. It's disappointing to me that I have to explain what "bend over" means as he is reading over my shoulder because he is interested in learning more about cars and trucks. When the day is over, isn't the reason we all come here is because we are passionate about our Trucks? Let's try to stay focused on that....

Old 07-08-2009, 04:18 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Im sorry but if "Bend over" is the worse your ten year old sees on this forum or any other, You are very lucky parent! And I can think of much worse questions that you have yet to hear from your kids in the future.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeHemi

1) SC was wrong for shady marketing by not clearing the air when they released the 3865. Announcing that the new tunes will only be available on the new tuner THEN would have kept feathers less ruffled and would have given the company more credibility as an honest company.

2) What's done is done so move on. Either go spend 300-400 on a DSP and be happy because you showed the man, or spend money on a new Superchips and hope those ****'s are worth their hype, or quit whining and keep what you have or return to stock. It may not be fair to you, but it is what it is.
I agree with just about everything you said.

Does it suck that everyone with the 3815's are getting left out of the new options and were never told about it until just recently, sure does. I don't even have a SC anymore and I am upset for all of the guys who waited with their 3815's or recently bought 3815's for the new options and are now getting nothing. But there is nothing that anyone can do about it now so it is either time to deal with it or get a new tuner. Complaining isn't going to get anyone anything bc it doesn't sound like the 3815 is ever going to get these options.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by JoeHemi

you nailed it, basically why I calmed down on the issue. In the end I'm likely going to end up stepping up anyway seeing how I got the SC for the trans stuff and DSP doesn't have anything for the 04 (which is partly what Sil is referring to when he says SC knows the trans better). sure i'm ticked, but not worth ruining a relationship with direct connections to a company many of us use.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Originally Posted by ramjamhemi
Admin's, chime in here if I'm off base.

To those of you using colorful language to explain your frustration: I wish you would tone it down.
I personally would love to see this as well. I've gotten my point across VERY clearly on any issue I've ever wanted and if you'd like to take the time to look back at almost 700 posts, you'll see i've never used any colorful language or even "****" in any of them. So no, they arent necessary to get your point across.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Bertens
Professional

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
you nailed it, basically why I calmed down on the issue. In the end I'm likely going to end up stepping up anyway seeing how I got the SC for the trans stuff and DSP doesn't have anything for the 04 (which is partly what Sil is referring to when he says SC knows the trans better). sure i'm ticked, but not worth ruining a relationship with direct connections to a company many of us use.
Agreed.

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates