Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 AM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default spark plugs

I just spoke to the dealer since I have an 2008 an it has the lifetime powertrain warranty, told me to go with OEM or would void warranty if an issues arrise. Im sold on that, OEM it is!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RamedHemi
I just spoke to the dealer since I have an 2008 an it has the lifetime powertrain warranty, told me to go with OEM or would void warranty if an issues arrise. Im sold on that, OEM it is!

Demand to see that in writing. Dealers and manufacturers tried to bamboozle people years ago by attempting to void engine warranties if people didn't use stock oil filters, air filters, etc; however, the courts ruled that unless the manufacturer or dealer will be providing those items free of charge then the warranty cannot be voided.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

"No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the commission if - (1) the warrantor satisfies the commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and (2) the commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest."
Here's the best part:
"Manufacturers cannot require consumers to buy parts or services from a particular company to meet warranty requirements, except under rare conditions," said Charles Tupper, policy adviser for the Automotive Oil Change Association (AOCA). "If a consumer is told only the original equipment filter will not void the warranty, that person should request that the OE filter be supplied free of charge. If that individual is charged for the filter, the manufacturer is violating Magnuson-Moss."

Old 10-24-2013, 11:39 AM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default plugs

im still gonig with the OEM, truck has run perfect for 60k miles with original plugs and great gas miles, others saying they lost power and perforance makes no sense to me, seems like everyone has tried different ones some worked some didnt

Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RamedHemi
im still gonig with the OEM, truck has run perfect for 60k miles with original plugs and great gas miles, others saying they lost power and perforance makes no sense to me, seems like everyone has tried different ones some worked some didnt
I quite agree.

Back when I owned my Second Gen, plenty of people sung the praises of the Autolite plugs, yet when I installed them the truck misfired on #5 and ran like a dog. It took me a while to figure out that everyone who was running them was also running a custom tune. The Magnum engines also don't like platinum plugs, Irridium plugs, or anything other than the stock Champion.

My point is just because the dealer tells you "that will void your warranty" doesn't make it true. Point it out in black & white or else when you fail to honor the warranty for no good reason then I'm hauling your **** to court.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM
clipper77
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheap Champion Coppers. She loves them.

Forget the gap...set it to whatever the manual says.

Old 06-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Sdupuy01
Amateur

Splitfire copper classics

Old 10-04-2014, 03:40 AM
bakerman
Professional

Just put Bosch plugs in my '03 4.7L V8 because they're really the only reliable plugs available here in Ukraine. The old ones were Champion but pretty worn. Too early to see if there's a difference.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Steeln1500
Rookie

NGK V Powers here and not one single problem.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:45 PM
sunburst08
Rookie
Default plugs

need to change mine but i wanted to chimne in hear for me at least, E3 are junk. had them in my wife's durango 1st gen and never got any improvements so i figured i would put them in her new car at the time and ended up with her coming back from out of town with a miss fire and removed them to find one cracked at the porcelain. will never truct them again, this is just my 2cents.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 PM
timarm64

Originally Posted by chambers
I don't know of a reason but some guys have put platinum plugs in and said it didn't run well w/ them. On the other hand some guys have the platinums in and it runs fine, but the consensus is that the plain old champion coppers are the best.
Is that true for 4.7 flex engines as well?

Quick Reply: Spark Plugs