Data Loggers

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can pick up some drag radials or hoosier slicks, they'll cut what 3-4 tenths off alone. Looking 2-250 a tire though

Old 07-24-2010, 11:45 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Personally I am looking at a set of 28"x10" R17 Hoosier Slicks for this up coming season. Gotta see if I can get um for a good price (and get some funds for them) from one of the guys around here

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A very strange day.. I go out this morning to do a little tuning. Pretty much have the roads to myself. Good country living I'm thinking. I get back on my little test area and I'm sitting in the middle of the road messing with the tuner and I see a sedan pull up behind me, so I pull a little off the road to let them by. Oh yeah, it's the man. He pulls up along side and ask me what I'm doing? I told him I had a bad code and was trying to clear it. He just looks at me. The road is covered with tire marks from previous runs. He says, do you need help? Nah, I'm doing good, thanks. I decide to move over to another area and make a pass and yep you guess it here he comes again just as I'm rolling down. I slid over to another county to finish up. The good news is I'm running pretty clean (12.1) with minimum kr (1.5). Of course it was later that I picked up my infamous ABS light again while doing a tire quick adjust, found a radar sign to play with. And then found out the DSP won't work for my custom tune. Like I said, strange day. Truck running great....

Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What do you mean your DSP wont work with your custom tune?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by weedahoe
What do you mean your DSP wont work with your custom tune?
Weed, it is a 03 thing.
The DSP will not allow the custom tuner to adjust the rev and speed limiter. They can provide a custom tune for fuel and timing but that is it.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:42 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Originally Posted by truckin151
Well... Problem No1 is your cam / wrong stall for your setup. The stall you have is roughly 200rpm higher than the stock converter, for a top end cam you really should have put the stall between 2800 and 3000. It could also be the way that the TC is working, I have no clue how those break-a-way TCI setups actually work, I do know that there are not a whole lot of people running them so that could be causing some of your issues under normal driving. So swapping to a lowend cam should help but no idea if it will "fix" the part throttle issue

Problem No2, you REALLY need to ditch the 3.55's. going to a 4.56 will get you into your power band a lot better than the 3.55s will.

Personally with my APS converter with a 2800 stall and 4.56 gears, I have had none of the issues you are describing, but I still (unforunately) have the stock cam in it. So it could be the cam and it could be the gears...

What I would do if it was my truck would be to swap out the gears first. Jump to some 4.56's, that should rase your rpms enough to take more advantage of of your cam. Now you wont be cruising at 4000rpms going down the freeway (more like 2200 +/-) but it should fix some of your issues.
UPDATE: Ok Moneys gonna get Tight in the next while for reason I start my new Job on 1 Sept as A Civilian Boom Boom Tech and same day start retirement leave from the Army, so there will be a couple weeks till the money starts rollin in and 8-12 weeks till the Big $$$ cheque arrives. By then it'll be near winter, blah, blah, blah. So until then I just don't like the way the truck is runnin down low and really don't like hammering the throttle all the time. So the Cam is ordered, almost got the dealer Mopar street Cam that supposadly works from 3000 to 6000 but then woke up and said realized the 6.1 is 4000 to 6200 and I am not connecting with it and if I put the other Mopar in prolly will be disapointed at the results. So as not to make this post to long and against the advice of Truckin and Red (Gears first) I ordered the Cam today and am awaiting confirmation from Bob at Moes....Drum Roll... Crazy Spartan on 114 LSA. I got a set of P265 motomaster tires on rims coming for use as Data Log and if I get even more spin/smoking/whatever and dial in a crappy time I won't care cause i am sure it's gonna be a good one and will make the waiting for the gears even more exiting and I could use a good laugh right about now...BTW the money I saved Not Smoking for the last 45 Days has paid for said Cam, but please no congrats as I have yet to complete the program and am still having some suffering moments specially dealing with 2 teenage Daughters!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 AM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Weed, it is a 03 thing.
The DSP will not allow the custom tuner to adjust the rev and speed limiter. They can provide a custom tune for fuel and timing but that is it.
Red, I beleive us Forgottens warned you about that my freind, not a real big problem unless you wanna go faster than 107?? and shift past 5750? Sounds like you need the CAM or go back to the SC. So whats it gonna be Custom Tuned ride limited by speed and stock RPM shifts or Canned SC PCM freindly 03 Cam that doesn't have Low Idle issues hence no need to Custom Tune.

Sorry bout the frustration but hang in there Buddy!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Weed, it is a 03 thing.
Yeah I forget about that sometimes.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by 03MopaRamman
Red, I beleive us Forgottens warned you about that my freind, not a real big problem unless you wanna go faster than 107?? and shift past 5750? Sounds like you need the CAM or go back to the SC. So whats it gonna be Custom Tuned ride limited by speed and stock RPM shifts or Canned SC PCM freindly 03 Cam that doesn't have Low Idle issues hence no need to Custom Tune.

Sorry bout the frustration but hang in there Buddy!
RamMan,
Yeah I know, information is worthless if you don't listen. But to be honest, with everyone talking cam selection and all. I had assumed they were actually using the cams and had moved pass the rev and speed limiters. I'll get something worked out.

RamMan, As for your current setup, all I can say is you are not going to be happy with the your TC until you get a proper gear installed. The cam will only make things worst. Sorry man, but gears are what you need.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
rocket23
Champion

Well I'll post it here cuz it is a data log.
run8-23.jpg?t=1282585989

Quick Reply: Data Loggers