View Poll Results: What brand body lift do you have?
Performance Accessories
78.69%
Top Gun Customz
3.28%
Rough Country
13.11%
Other(post in reply)
4.92%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Body Lift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
tfb4me
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how hard are they to install??Was thinking of new tires and was wondering if this is somthing I can do myeslf??

Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by tfb4me
how hard are they to install??Was thinking of new tires and was wondering if this is somthing I can do myeslf??
It took 2 of us 10 hours and a 12 pack of PBR to get it done. If you don't have a good size garage, or driveway and access to jacks and tools, then I wouldn't try it. Some shops don't charge too much to install them if they are familiar with them. Just make sure if you do it in your garage you will still be able to drive out when you are done. That would be hilarious if someone put a body lift on there truck and then realized that they couldn't back out.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 AM
AhmedRam
Professional

i have a question guys...do i need to modify the fuel tank place or any other stuff? i know that the steering wheel extension is included but are there any other modifications?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 AM
jackedupram02
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgenitto
It took 2 of us 10 hours and a 12 pack of PBR to get it done. If you don't have a good size garage, or driveway and access to jacks and tools, then I wouldn't try it. Some shops don't charge too much to install them if they are familiar with them. Just make sure if you do it in your garage you will still be able to drive out when you are done. That would be hilarious if someone put a body lift on there truck and then realized that they couldn't back out.
Funny thing I actually almost did that when I put my body lift on. Drove in the garage door measured the top of my truck to the top of the door and it was almost 3" so we put it on anyways. Had to deflate my tires to get out. I have my 31" tires on to that helped alot.

And for AhmedRam The only other things you have to do for the lift, is splice in a piece of hose for the filler neck for your gas (comes with the kit), extend your fan shroud (comes with pieces to make it longer), and you have to cut your front bumper brackets so you can lift your front bumper up (comes with new bracket pieces). It's alot easier to do then it sounds.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:32 AM
AhmedRam
Professional

so all u r saying that all comes with the kit and its doesnt need a rocket science to install it hehehehe...thanx man

Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
kicker417
Veteran

where can i get a 3 inch PA body lift

Old 06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
kutz420
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what's the difference in ride quality from the body lift compared to a suspension lift?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:56 PM
inxs_use

I went with the PA. I couldn't find anybody that wanted to mess with putting it in until my boss borrowed my truck and crunched it. They had the box off to replace the skin anyhow, I talked them into installing it for $200.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:13 PM
12elentless
Professional

Originally Posted by dodgenitto
2 people ten hours? yall musta been dragging. it didnt take me anywhere near that, with just two people, and ive never done it before.
Originally Posted by jackedupram02
And for AhmedRam The only other things you have to do for the lift, is splice in a piece of hose for the filler neck for your gas (comes with the kit), extend your fan shroud (comes with pieces to make it longer), and you have to cut your front bumper brackets so you can lift your front bumper up (comes with new bracket pieces). It's alot easier to do then it sounds.
You dont have to extend the fuel neck unless you want to. isnt a must. i didnt, works fine.

you dont HAVE to extend the steering, i didnt at first, drove, steering seemed a little tighter, i ended up installing it afterwards.

the fan shround is easy, but youll need a dremel to do it. you cut the shroud in half, and bolt a plate on either side to extend it.
Originally Posted by kutz420
So what's the difference in ride quality from the body lift compared to a suspension lift?
Ride quality is the same as stock since you dont modify any suspension components, but there is more body roll in turns due to a higher CoG.

I installed mine on a 04 ram 1500 2wd.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 PM
12elentless
Professional

i must emphasize this is a VERY easy install. however, youll need

-floor jack
-4x4 block of wood (to put between jack and cab to stop dents)
-dremel
-welder if you want to tack in bed spacers
-hand tools
-couple friends is nice.
-Cutting wheel for frame horns and frame brackets.

also, ONLY DO ONE SIDE AT A TIME. this will save you tons of time youd spend lining up, redoing, etc. Loosen one side, unbolt other, repeat, tighten.

Quick Reply: Body Lift Kits