View Poll Results: Have you had good results by Grounding the TB ?
Yes
81.25%
No
18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

grounding the TB ???

Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
adventurer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Sh*t, can't hurt nuthin'. Since I have a CAI I can get to the TB without having to remove anything. I'll give it a shot this weekend and see what it does...
we ll be waiting for ur feedback Hammer ,,,

Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
PhillyEagleKGD

Originally Posted by houseoftoes
Could you take any pictures of how yours turned out? i was also wondering if you have any mods or are all stock. My truck is stock right now but I found a dealer to get rid of the MDS and do the fog light deal with my 08' in one shot.

I can take it pic, but it won't be very entertaining - just a simple red wire that runs across half the engine! The only mod I have (for now) is the AT3030 muffler (which I would also HIGHLY recommend).

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
adventurer
Professional

Today we did it on my truck (06 hemi) and on my friend's (04 rumble bee) we Ran a 13 AWG wire from the bottom left TB bolt to the ground bolt on the passenger side. Used 2 ring terminals and zip-tied it all down. It made a slight difference on throttle response on the 06 hemi ( it got diablo custom tune on it ) but on the 04 rumble bee (without any tune) less improvement than on the 06 .
another thing i noticed on the 06 it used to shift from 1-2 WOT at speed close to 50 mph but after the wire is on it shifts at speed around 45 mph, but now i think it shifts little harder !! Don't know why !!

So, HammerZ71 as usual we need your help and explanation on this issue .

Waiting for other feed-backs from people how also done it.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
houseoftoes
Professional

I will be trying this later also, I just got done speaking with some people at my work ( they are electronics background/degree/career ) and this should make a difference with the current and all. All I heard was blah blah blah... it will make a difference with a hard permanent ground and not just a pos/neg wire and also more stable bonding (i hope this makes sense).... blah blah blah.. Sorry I am not that electrical.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 AM
houseoftoes
Professional

Also I wanted to throw this in that I found on already made grounding kits.

Dynamic Grounding Systems ( Google for homepage)

Dynamic Grounding is an electrical tuning system designed to increase your automobile's performance by maximizing electricity flow and reducing resistance along the electrical circuit. Our cabling kit provides a superior, low-resistance ground path between the engine components and the battery.
What You'll Get
A safe, reliable and low-resistance ground path maximizes the efficiency of your vehicle's electrical system, allowing for peak performance. Benefits may include*:

2-3 MPG fuel savings
Fewer emissions
Power boost
Smoother, faster throttle response
More stable idle
Faster engine starts
Brighter headlights
Improved stereo system performance
Our Cables

DGS cables Type 3 stranding and tinned copper is combined with cable insulation specifically designed to withstand harsh engine bay environments. The result is a long lasting, reliable cable system guaranteed to outlast competitors' wire grounding systems. All DGS cables are fabricated in the U.S.

Dynamic Grounding applications are typically found within enclosed areas with sharp turns. The less flexible the cable, the more difficult the job. The two factors affecting a cable's softness are its stranding and its insulation. Our cable is made of Type III rope stranded tinned copper and is insulated with a pliable yet durable, specially formulated compound. It maintains key physical and electrical resistance properties while providing sure grounding and unparalleled quality. The electro-plated tinned copper resists corrosion, extending the life of the cables.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

I think I'll subscribe to this. I'll probably run a ground wire in this manner when my e-fan finally gets here, see what all the hype is about.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
adventurer
Professional

Just came back from trying the truck again , it really made a difference , improved acceleration and throttle boost and somehow as i mentioned before it shifts harder from 1-2 at WOT which i don't know how that wire affected the shifting !!!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Weird...

IS everyone here that has had good effects on a cable or a drive-by-wire throttle?

Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Weird...

IS everyone here that has had good effects on a cable or a drive-by-wire throttle?
I would imagine it'd have to be a drive-by-wire to benefit from this...

Old 01-20-2012, 06:59 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Placebo. Has to be. Electricity simply doesn't work this way.

You think the engine is poorly grounded? You do realize that several hundred amps flow through its grounds when you crank the engine? The hemi engine is solid aluminum and I would bet its mass has less resistance than any wire of any gauge you can add to the mix.

In fact, if your new wire was somehow now the path of least resistance, you'd blow the hell out of it the first time you cranked the truck because the starter's current would flow through it instead of the other grounds.

I haven't looked at the schematic but I would bet that the electric throttle harness includes power and ground for the motor. If the ground was somehow inadequate you've still got the aforementioned engine and its ground to handle the extra current. Again, your puny copper wire can't compete with the solid aluminum and large-gauge conductors that ground the engine.

Dynamic Grounding my ***... Anybody can get copper wire and crimp ring terminals onto it. I have a crimper designed for up to triple-0 gauge, and terminals for this size wire are cheap too. It appeals to ricers and to those who already swear by their TB spacer and Tornado device.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: grounding the TB ???