3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Thinking about buying these...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
truegent81
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying these...

I ordered a set of smoked headlights from ebay last month but they really diminish the light. I ordered HIDs from HIDnation, and I have heard smoked lenses melt cuz the heat c an't escape. SO I have placed a bid on these lights. I should have no issue with light output, correct? Also, I am going to send back these HIDs and order the Mor. Projectors and do HID through their site. I have seen the HID sticky but was also wondering how difficult is this of a DIY? And I am use to bulb size going by 9007, 9006, etc. These new HIDs are H13, or along those lines I believe. Is this just a different nomenclature?

SOrry for so many questions at once, just want to do this the right way. Heres the link for the lights I put a bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360380232233

Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The lights listed are a stock design with the insides black. A nice looking light.
You could always keep your smoked lights and add good fog lamps in the oem spots or behind the grill if you want to keep the smoked look. I have no info on the HID's. I think dirtydog put them in his 08 housings.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:28 PM
truegent81
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input. i didn't know if these lights would work since the inside part was painted. now that parts done, now for the HID retrofit DIY. anybody have a write up? i found one here: http://www.********.com/f76/how-inst...adlights-1912/

however, there is a pic missing in the step..kind of the important one. for the most part i get how to do this, but i love seeing pics of all the parts that go along with the step by step...

WTH??? why would they edit out R A M F O R U M? thats what should be where the asterik are....

Last edited by truegent81; 07-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying these...