3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The O !@*! Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
I feel like every damn thing on my truck is 10mm.
ya when i work on the truck i leave the 10mm in a ratchet because i know i'm gonna need it lol

Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You work on a vehicle nowadays, you gotta have an SAE and a Metric in EVERYTHING. I haven't bought a single set of wrenches or sockets or torx bits or basically anything in years. I have all matching pair sets of both... LOL...
^^^ Yeah, Thank God for Sears and Harbor Freight ....

Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10mm is what I use on most of the bolts on my truck it seems. oefootball, I have a hunch that the whole truck can be taken apart and put back together with a 10mm socket, ratchet, extension and a phillips screw driver.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:04 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
^^^ Yeah, Thank God for Sears and Harbor Freight ....
I don't think I have a single tool come from Harbor Freight, but I do have some Northern Tool stuff. Same basic cheap crappola and most of it lives in the toolbox in the bed of my truck.

I do have a good bit of Craftsman though and a Snap On thing or two.

For those of you old enough to remember, I have a couple of sets of PennCraft wrench and socket sets and a couple hand & power tools. It was JC Penneys attempt at going after Sears in the tool business. Word was after Penneys took the lead over Sears in clothing, they wanted the tool trade too.
The stuff is all real high quality, USA made and did carry the same lifetime warranty, but it never worked out and Penneys got out of it. I wonder if I break something now, what'd they do about it. LOL...

Old 12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

That would be interesting to find out, since they didn't technically go out of business they still are liable for the warranty haha

Old 12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

A while back there was a link going around to a news story about this uber old lady with a sweet old 50's Fairlane that had a Pennys battery in it from the first battery change. Over the years it was replaced under the lifetime warrenty, and when they got out of the tool/ parts business she made them replace the battery still. The story didn't elaborate on how, but I think they ended up buying a new one with the longest warranty available.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 PM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

^^^^ Now that's funny.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 AM
bgbluram2
All Star

I just had to buy all new tools. I only work with Craftsman tools and Mac tools. I acquired the Mac tools when I used to work for a motorcycle shop as a mechanic/assembly guy and the Mac tools guy would come around in his truck full of goodies. Other than that, my tools come from Sears. Even my toolbox in the truck is a Craftsman kit.

And... when installing the tow mirrors this morning, guess what tools were needed... a 10mm socket and a screwdriver! ahhaha

Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
areinike
Veteran

Craftsman here when I need to use anything serious. I have a few Harbor Freight odd ball tools I use around here, tools I don't use but every so often.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliDodgeRam
That would be interesting to find out, since they didn't technically go out of business they still are liable for the warranty haha

I HAD to find out, just out of curiosity. I needed to have my wedges re-gripped on my golf clubs today as I am playing tomorrow and they were in pretty bad shape. The place is less than a quarter mile from the mall (and JC Penney) so I walked in just to ask.
Of course the female clerk had no idea, and at all of about 22 years old had no clue that Penneys ever even had there own tool line. But she called a manager who was actually on the ball. He said there was a corporate memo on it and it still gets sent out time to time (amazing since I think Penncraft tools went bye-bye before I was in high school).

Official Policy is: The entire purchase price is refunded, even if it's one socket or one wrench in a set AND you keep the tool(s). HOWEVER, there is a catch and it's a BIG catch: YOU MUST PROVIDE THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT!!! Now who in the hell is going to have a receipt from a tool bought in the 70's or 80's???????