3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Night Shade help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
thumperk15
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Night Shade help!

I bought a can of that and some red Caliper paint. I know I want the red and like the Night Shade black but how many coats is too dark for night driving? I wanted a aftermarket light but I considered the blue behind stock lights but if I do a night shade that's it lol. I really want it on my tails though. It's a cheap custom look. I just want opinions of ones that's done it. Also what prep work on them and the calipers? I've painted calipers and it's always came off but I don't really like the idea of sanding the calipers but that does tend to hold paint more.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
dlyter09
Champion

No help on the calipers but i did the night shade tint on my taillights and 3 coats was to many. Got pulled over atleast 5 times in 1 night. When I redo it i will probably do 1 and see how it looks at night and if it can be darker but still give good light ill do 1 more coat

Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did 3 light coats just enough to cover the red of the tail light and the used a whole can of clear.if you don't use the clear after a few months it will start to fade and look like junk and you will have to sand it down and redo with clear.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
dodgeboy1979
All Star

i did two light coats and and two coats of clear on mine and they seem to be bright enough. as far as your claipers there is no easy way to put it, you will have to sand/clean them up before you paint otherwise it flakes off and a waste of your time.

Quick Reply: Night Shade help!