3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mopar Exhaust on 07 5.7 Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
gibsonjs27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Exhaust on 07 5.7 Hemi

So I bought a 2007 1500 RCSB 5.7 Hemi. It's basically my dream truck. It has what appears to be a cat back Mopar muffler with angle out chrome tip exhaust. My question is, does this actually add any performance or is it just to get the rumble from the Hemi?

Would it make sense to go a head and get a Flowmaster exhaust put on?

Everything on this truck is Mopar but I definately want to start tweaking it and making it real nice.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

I'll be the first to say it before everyone comes in an freaks out but flowmasters are chambered so there not best for performance but it was a huge improvement over my stock muffler as I have the Flowmaster Super 40 and live the sound. If your going for performance then go Magnaflow or Cherrybomb exhaust they are straight through and sound awesome as well and for me my next muffler will be Cherrybomb Extreme.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

If you want a performance muffler with a little less noise try thrush turbo mufflers. Its still a straight thru design, but a little quieter, and less drone

Quick Reply: Mopar Exhaust on 07 5.7 Hemi