3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tranny Problems, Need Help with codes P0750 & P0882

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 PM
leejeffcoat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Problems, Need Help with codes P0750 & P0882

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l and it has gone into intermittent "limp" mode. It doesn't do it all the time, only now and then. I got into yesterday and drove 20 miles before it happened. I stopped at the store and when I came back out it was fine, then started back about 10 minutes later.

I took it to Advanced Auto Parts and they put the scanner on it. It was giveing the generic tranny problem code (P0700) as well as:
- P0750 (LR Solenoid) and
- P0882 (Low TCM voltage)

Several questions here,
- Has anyone experienced these two codes together? Could one be causing the other?
- Where is the TCM located? I have located the ECM, (Silver box with 4 connections on it, mounted to the firewall). Are the ECM and TCM integral or separate componenets? Does anyone have a picture of where the TCM is located if it is separate from ECM?

I love to tinker and have started tearing things apart but I need a little bit of direction. I don't want to mess anything up. A mechanic that I know said that more than likely if I replace the LR Solenoid it would fix the other code. Is this right?

Other things of note:
- I have in the last 6 months installed 2 amps in my truck, one for 6x9' and one for subs. Total RMS is about 900 watts. Could this be causing electrical issues with my TCM. Both are grounded to the chassis under the seat.

OK I know this is a lot of info to digest, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site. You can download a free copy of the service manual from the links in my signature. Those codes will be in there. Also, you can do a site search for those codes also as P0700 is a common code.

You audio system will have nothing to do with your TCM

Old 04-17-2019, 02:17 AM
Roman Pais
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi...having same error codsz and issues. Just curious if you ended up getting this resolved and what was the issue. Was it the solenoid pack or something else?

Originally Posted by leejeffcoat
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l and it has gone into intermittent "limp" mode. It doesn't do it all the time, only now and then. I got into yesterday and drove 20 miles before it happened. I stopped at the store and when I came back out it was fine, then started back about 10 minutes later.

I took it to Advanced Auto Parts and they put the scanner on it. It was giveing the generic tranny problem code (P0700) as well as:
- P0750 (LR Solenoid) and
- P0882 (Low TCM voltage)

Several questions here,
- Has anyone experienced these two codes together? Could one be causing the other?
- Where is the TCM located? I have located the ECM, (Silver box with 4 connections on it, mounted to the firewall). Are the ECM and TCM integral or separate componenets? Does anyone have a picture of where the TCM is located if it is separate from ECM?

I love to tinker and have started tearing things apart but I need a little bit of direction. I don't want to mess anything up. A mechanic that I know said that more than likely if I replace the LR Solenoid it would fix the other code. Is this right?

Other things of note:
- I have in the last 6 months installed 2 amps in my truck, one for 6x9' and one for subs. Total RMS is about 900 watts. Could this be causing electrical issues with my TCM. Both are grounded to the chassis under the seat.

OK I know this is a lot of info to digest, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Tranny Problems, Need Help with codes P0750 & P0882