DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-147/)
-   -   Newby from BC Canada (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/364137-newby-from-bc-canada.html)

jucin1 10-09-2013 10:48 PM

Newby from BC Canada

Hi my name is JC and I've purchased a 2007 dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Laramie.Blk Beauty.i'm in Canada and enjoying my truck.She`s black with grey leather.Full Load.No real aftermarket stuff other than an airraid air filter system and a levelling kit..Want to do lots but will take time & money.I am having an issue though that I would like to post out there.I recently went on holidays and filled my gas tank for what I`ve been told too full.It ran fine but now I can`t get gas into it properly.Yes I am one of those who is having this issue.The pump keeps clicking off.Been told here by the dealer that I should try to tap the sides of the gas tank and see if the valve will dislodge the ball that is blocking the ventline.If not the tank has to be pulled.I have worked on many vehicles mostly being Chevys for thirty years.Never have I run into this.For the life of me I cant find a schematic of the fuel ,emission system for my truck.Ět only has 58,000 Kilometers on it.I know there is someone who can help.the mechanic at the dealer showed me a purge valve located in the engine comp.2 plastic lines going to it.One goes to engine and one goes back to tank.Then he mentioned a charcoal canister I think located at the rear.Any help would be appreciated.Yes I`m a chickelet with more tools than clothes.Just not used to this newer stuff. JC

maudecabral 10-10-2013 03:12 AM

better to contact admin panel or visit the nearest service station for the appropriate solutions

jkeaton 10-10-2013 08:35 AM

Welcome to DF! Moving this to the 3rd gen Ram section so someone there can help you out.

weedahoe 10-10-2013 09:04 AM

Welcome to the site

The issue is with the tank itself and right there at the inlet hose where you put fuel in. There is a roll over valve incase you "roll over". Even in my truck if I set the pump to fill and cut off when it's full, it will kick back some fuel and spill over. To not supposed to do that but it does and I'm not going to replace the tank over it.

but in your case it sounds like the valve is stuck closed. I would drop the tank and see if you can take loose the main filling hose at the tank and try to dislodge it manually

jucin1 10-10-2013 07:08 PM

Gas won't go into tank Just trickle 5.7 Hemi 2007 1500 quad

Thank you for the invite.As per the question of pulling the tank down.Today I went to the bone yard to see if there were any trucks with tanks that were more visible than mine or let's say removed.There were lots of different ones and I have been told 2007 is all it's own.HMM First I don't know how to tell if my tank is a 20 something gallon or 30 something.I couldn't see a whole lot climbing underneath mine.Drive shaft,exhaust in the way.I do see a charcoal canister mounted on the side of the tank with hoses coming off it.I do see what looks like a fuel filter but is not black in color plastic.I tried blowing through it but it wouldn't.Sucked yes it would do that.I think it's a filter to what looks like it is heading toward the front of the vehicle.Don't know if it has a one way valve in it or not.On my filler neck I have the main filler neck (Steel) then beside I have a smaller line that turns into a blackplastic line and goes somewhere on the tank.I can't get any help here at the dealer as per schematics or anything.Then there's the purge valve solenoid mounted on the driver's side of the engine compartment.Don't know what it's job is either.Apparently and if you google can't fill gas in tank alot of people not just dodge owners are having it.When I try to fill it it doesn't spray back but rather just kicks the gas nozzle off.I can't see how overfilling or let's say filling your tank right up can do this.My 93 Full size 2 dr Blazer never had a problem.It's all this emission crap.Is there anybody out there that can make me understand how the fuel system(emission) system works? Also I need a good link to getting schematics.Anybody know of any safe sites.Your help is greatly appreciated.If it means bringing it down,I can do that.but what do I do to it when it's on the ground??? Thank you for welcoming me. JC. By the way I was told by Dodge I don't have a roll over valve.But the guy that told me well let's say I don't think he's turned a wrench in his life...............