3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

To sell and upgrade or keep and deal.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 02:32 PM
oldskool83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To sell and upgrade or keep and deal.

I built this 2013. It slowly grew into what it is today. Zero issues, in better shape then any truck I've looked at 10 years newer too. It' not my daily driver...just my atv hauler and nice day driver. I do not drive it in snow/salt anymore. Keeps the rims nicer since I'm on my 2nd set of aftermarkets since chome only last 7 months before truing to garbage

I've toyed with buying a beat to heck and busted cummins long bed project.

Anyone else been in same boat where they want to upgrade but not really sure if they want to let a perfectly built up rig go?

Attached Thumbnails To sell and upgrade or keep and deal.-17-ram1500.jpg   To sell and upgrade or keep and deal.-12.jpeg  
Old 01-28-2018, 08:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I think I would just consider doing some more mods to the truck you already have.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 PM
oldskool83

I've looked into a bully dog tunner as next upgrade. After that a cam. Trying not to go into motor yet. I have a good intake and a full exhaust with headers and flowing Y pipe. Just looking what project trucks are running in my area right now in case I find a deal.

Old 01-29-2018, 02:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Isn't Bully dog for diesels? Or, is that what you have?

Old 01-29-2018, 07:39 PM
oldskool83

They edge and superchips have made tuners for years. Because of the word tuner does not just mean diesel. I have a 1500 5.7 I'm which gets 89 fuel per manual. A tuner and cam is abouts what's left, posibly 6.1L intakes or head swaps I think I read about 2years ago. It gets about 3,000 miles a year anymore so there is a ballance when mods should stop, at least the costly ones. I think for $420 bucks a tuner from bully dog per all vids I've watched seems to be a good 10hp and 25ftlbs torque. Opening motor for cams will be more costly prob 4-5x as much. No real power complaints just not sure what else to mod vs salvage its nice parts on a 2500.

I mean it could use new headlights but that's $60 that lasts 3years in the sun lol. It does not need anything other then a nice detail job again in April. I'm a line-x sucker but it lasts and does it job.

what mods where you thinking? Does not need brakes or rotors I put them on 3 years ago maybe 12k miles ago.

Quick Reply: To sell and upgrade or keep and deal.