3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm finally back, and where/how to replace spare wheel winch

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 09:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by 66three83
That’s quite a list for a vehicle you just bought, and that’s just what you discovered so far! You must be a glutton for punishment!!!
Aren't we all?

Old 05-27-2018, 11:43 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^Yup!

Old 05-27-2018, 04:03 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HaHa!!! Sounds like the list you had on your V-10!!!!
Welcome to your next nightmare!!!!!

I never owned a V10?

The truck is nice, I'm happy with it, that's all that matters. I'll put some work into it and bring it back to life for probably another 5+ years if I nothing bad happens.

Like I said it's what I could afford right now, and the dealership did do a ton fo work on it already.
It may cost some more for some of these things but I can do the work myself cheaper in most cases, and if I end up spending another $5k on it then it'll be spread out over time because I just didn't have $10k available and was in absolute sheer desperate need of a vehicle.

The story is, I already wasted $1900 buying an equinox from a far more "reputable" Chrysler dealership that turned out to be a complete and total lemon requiring another $4600 in work just to pass a safety. so I figured if I had to spend $4600 to fix that piece of ****, then I might as well put that $4600 towards a truck instead and I even got more of a trade in value than I would've for scrapping the equinox like I was going to do.

so when it comes right down to it I got super ultra screwed by an above the board on the level dealership, and ended up getting an awesome deal on a truck loaded with features and options and is EXACTLY what I wanted despite the work, from a truly shady and sleezy dealership.

suck on that London City Chrysler.

and as much as I hate to admit it, I got into a little trouble first day of getting the truck and got my license suspended for a little while......so I'll have lots of time to get the work done on it.

Last edited by GRNDPNDR; 05-27-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:22 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

That’s quite a list for a vehicle you just bought, and that’s just what you discovered so far! You must be a glutton for punishment!!!
you say glutton for punishment, I say I enjoy a good challenge. I'll post up some pics and vids when I get literally every effin interior light and LED converted to blue, like I did before, except a hundred times better this time.

So far I've swapped out the LEDs in the all of the door switches and illuminated my mirror controls, I've changed the AC and defrost button indicator LEDs to blue, my headlight switch illumination and fog light indicator has been converted and I'm just now finishing my 4WD switch, re-illuminating the **** (it was burnt out and not replacable...to most ) to blue, the mode indicators to blue but I left the 2WD mode LED green.... it looked nice.

The only thing left to do now is the easy stuff like swap out the cluster bulbs and the OTIS bulbs, and then put a blue film over the displays.

On top of that I'm putting in the foot lights that were on my old truck, and re-installing the UV lighting in my vents that will come on with the running lights.

once that's all finished I'll have plenty of time to work on the other stuff I mentioned. I already these things on hand while I'm waiting for payday to hit.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:01 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Buys a vehicle. Fails to get it fixed right before purchase. Immediately jumps on the forum to ask how to fix it. Lmao. Glutton for punishment extraordinaire.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:08 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Buys a vehicle. Fails to get it fixed right before purchase. Immediately jumps on the forum to ask how to fix it. Lmao. Glutton for punishment extraordinaire.
Where are things getting lost in translation here? for a certified vehicle they only repair what's necessary to pass the safety, which they did minus the power steering pump most likely because it wasn't seen.

I wasn't about to pay this run down, shady garage any more money to fix anything above and beyond safety issues because I can do it cheaper and really I don't trust many people working on my vehicles so I'd rather do it myself, my way and know specifically what was done and how.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:32 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Lol. I’m not being serious.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:20 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

I do tend to be a glutton for punishment though.....like a lot.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR
I do tend to be a glutton for punishment though.....like a lot.
I think there are a fair few of us around here that are like that........

Old 05-30-2018, 09:05 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain

here's an example good for a laugh.
My truck came with 3 keys, all the same.

I removed the cluster to replace bulbs, locked up the doors manually and walked away. Next day is when I realized that none of those keys work on the door........ and without the cluster no electric door locks or alarm.....

sooooo I locked myself out lmao.
fortunately the doors are original and I was able to go to the dealership and get a key made for the door to get myself back in

Then I did something even dumber and broke off one of the pegs on the speedo.....so now technically I need a new cluster even though I glued the peg back on..... it will always bug me.

I'm gonna call today and find out whats needed, I really don't want any dependency in the milage IE from driving home and back again to have it installed.

yup....a glutton I am.

Quick Reply: I'm finally back, and where/how to replace spare wheel winch