3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Different Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 10:27 AM
BeaconMember1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Part Number

The Dodge forum is giving me different part numbers for a O2 Sensor. Here is what I'm reading from the Dodge forum: "It's recommended genuine Mopar oxygen sensors are used for best results. The part numbers are 56041698AA for the upstream sensors and 56041706AA for the downstream. These part numbers apply to the 5.7 liter Hemi engine." When I called the Dodge dealership the parts guy told me the part number for the Mopar O2 Sensor is 56029049AA and can be used for upstream and downstream, bank 1 and bank 2. Why the different part numbers. Which one are the genuine part numbers.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:32 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We would love to help you, HOWEVER....you have given us absolutely no info about your vehicle other than the fact that it has a 5.7.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 PM
BeaconMember1

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
We would love to help you, HOWEVER....you have given us absolutely no info about your vehicle other than the fact that it has a 5.7.
Thank you. I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab, however, now I'm not so sure it's the O2 sensor. I will be driving my Ram truck and all of a sudden the engine shuts off. I started fueling with mid grade fuel and a couple of days later the check engine light turns off and then a couple of days later my Ram truck stalls again and then the engine light comes on again. I have searched the internet and there are many people with the same problem, but they report different solutions.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:53 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Mainly because there are many possible causes. Need to know what codes the PCM is setting. That will give us a starting point. Any auto parts store should be able to read codes for you.

Old 06-25-2018, 09:59 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

O2 sensor will not cause your engine to shut off. Maybe act funny or throw codes, but not shut off. Need to see if you have any codes, that will help point in the right direction.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:49 PM
BeaconMember1

My problem has been solved. Sorry it took so long to update. The actual cause of the stalling was a dirty throttle body.

Quick Reply: Different Part Number