3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New member/thoughts 3rd gen mega cab -- Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 10:43 AM
PenguinsGuy20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member/thoughts 3rd gen mega cab -- Thanks

So as for being a new member I hope I am posting this in the correct section. If not I apologize.

Hello, my name is Josh and I currently live in MD. I currently have a 2002 Ram 1500 5.9l magnum 160,000 miles, lifted 3 inches, 20" fuel maverick wheel, 35" cooper tires. I am currently looking to get into a 06-08 mega cab 1500 and I have seen one listed in Waterbury, CT that is perfect for what I am looking for. It is a 08 Laramie with 65,000 miles and selling for $18,500. Now since I am in MD and cant just leave work for a whole weekend I am hoping you all can provide some help to me.

1. Is this a good price? from what I have searched it seems very fair.
2. Is it bad to buy it sight unseen from out of town?
3. Overall impressions of the 3rd gen Mega Cabs and common problems to watch out for?

Again, I am new and I have looked to try and find similar forums about this but I couldn't. Thanks for any insight!

Old 03-12-2019, 10:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

That's a fair chunk of change to blow on something sight unseen..... Pics do not always tell the full tale. If the truck is really what you are looking for, taking a weekend trip to go have a look would be better.....

Old 03-12-2019, 12:54 PM
PenguinsGuy20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's a fair chunk of change to blow on something sight unseen..... Pics do not always tell the full tale. If the truck is really what you are looking for, taking a weekend trip to go have a look would be better.....

Thanks for that. And that's what my gut tells me too considering I cant just be blowing money like that away.....just didn't know of any experiences/nightmare stories of that.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by PenguinsGuy20
Thanks for that. And that's what my gut tells me too considering I cant just be blowing money like that away.....just didn't know of any experiences/nightmare stories of that.
You just don't want to be WRITING one of those nightmare stories.

Maybe there is a member in the area that would go have a look, and give you a preliminary report, before you take the time/effort/money to go see it for yourself?

Quick Reply: New member/thoughts 3rd gen mega cab -- Thanks