3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Black-Chrome SRT-10 Wheels 22" Installed Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:56 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Black-Chrome SRT-10 Wheels 22" Installed Photos

nice lookin truck man....now ya need to lower it down a lil bit and get rid of that big gap between the wheel and the fender and she'd be lookin sweeeet ....but either way good lookin truck man

Old 05-01-2007, 03:03 PM
FastForwardWheels
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,

I picked up the wheels for a cool $860 in the original condition from the original owner of a blackSRT-10 truck over in Las Vegas.

I actually made the four hour drive one-way to pick them up, unfortunately the return drive was something like 7-hours due to an accident delay.

I brought them back to the shop where we plated them, and layed down the Black-Chrome (Black Diamond Over-Lay), we then brushed the
rear barrel and clear coated them.

I wanted to keep the truckat the height it is right now since I used it daily, although I think it would look nice lower.... I'd just rather keep it the
way it is for now, just personal preference . . . . The truck will go in for some tint when I get the time, I just seem to have so much to do I can't
find the 2-hours it takes to have this completed.

TOTM Sound nice, maybe if I'm lucky, some of you guys really have trucks that out-do mine soI wouldn't expect to have a shot. . . . But thanks,

Thanks guys for the comps,

Sorry I don't have more time to keep in touch here on the boards. . . . .

-Eli

Old 05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

wow they turned out great, would have never known they were not orig n/r wheels...congrats man, love your truck

i only have 1 suggestion besides tint, which it sounds like you are taking care of that....id take off the front plate

Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 PM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

wow they turned out great, would have never known they were not orig n/r wheels...congrats man, love your truck

i only have 1 suggestion besides tint, which it sounds like you are taking care of that....id take off the front plate
Good suggestion, I'll have to do that one day.....

On a side note, the Night Runners don't come with 22" SRT-10 Wheels from what I understand. From what I was told they only come with a different pattern 20" wheel which replicates the 5-spoke solids or clad design. This is why I really wanted to go 22" SRT-10.....

-Eli

Old 05-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: FastForwardWheels

On a side note, the Night Runners don't come with 22" SRT-10 Wheels from what I understand. From what I was told they only come with a different pattern 20" wheel which replicates the 5-spoke solids or clad design. This is why I really wanted to go 22" SRT-10.....

-Eli
you are right..the REGULAR RAM night runners get the regular 20" wheels in the black chrome.....obviously the dakota n/r's have the wheels ive got.....they made a few SRT10 Night Runners, and those got 22" SRT wheels that were black chrome....and that is was i was referring to

as for the durango, they had a prototype night runner for it and planned on it, but dropped it at the last minute

Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 PM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

ORIGINAL: FastForwardWheels

-Eli
you are right..the REGULAR RAM night runners get the regular 20" wheels in the black chrome.....obviously the dakota n/r's have the wheels ive got.....they made a few SRT10 Night Runners, and those got 22" SRT wheels that were black chrome....and that is was i was referring to

as for the durango, they had a prototype night runner for it and planned on it, but dropped it at the last minute
You-know, you're right, I forgot about those guys..... Man "O" Man those must be hard to come by......

Then again they won't have the nice brush finish on the inside which makes cleaning them a breeze.....

Take care,

-Eli

Old 05-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ya ive seen 3 on ebay...2 were QC one was a short wide....cant even find a pic of them on google[:@]...either way, love your truck

Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Max00racer
Veteran

those are some sexy wheels.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:51 AM
badblackhemi
Rookie

hey, what did you do with your 06 17's?
thanks, btw, wheels look great.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they made 400 NR SRT's in 06. With the last one being very special as it was the very last SRT to roll off the line. It was given away in a raffle. Signed by all the workers. They signed the frame, wheel wells and under the hood if I recall.

Quick Reply: Black-Chrome SRT-10 Wheels 22" Installed Photos