3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bugs on the front Bumper??

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Robs5.9L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bugs on the front Bumper??

Ok So I washed and waxed my truck this past weekend and it looks good, except for those damn bugs that I cant seem to get them off my front bumper anyone here know anything I got do or get to get it clean!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
HEIMS HEMI
Default RE: Bugs on the front Bumper??

Spray it with WD-40 and let it soak for a little while. Remove with a cotton rag, repeat if necessary. Always works for me. They also sell those odd looking sponges with the nylon webbing on the outside, they work too. Hope this helps.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Robs5.9L

WD-40 ok I will give this a try I hope it works!!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM
NJMandCEM
Professional

I'm Sorry... But i've never heard of putting WD 40 on any body panels... But you can get the Magic Eraser by "Mr. Clean".. That does wonders.. Takes all kind of stuck on stuff... and does'nt scratch...

Old 05-10-2007, 11:04 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

rubbing compound works well also

Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 AM
HEIMS HEMI

ORIGINAL: NJMandCEM

I'm Sorry... But i've never heard of putting WD 40 on any body panels... But you can get the Magic Eraser by "Mr. Clean".. That does wonders.. Takes all kind of stuck on stuff... and does'nt scratch...
Not too many people have. But trust me, if it worked on my '93 and '06 Corvettes, it won't hurt your truck any. Sprayed all panels, front, back, top to bottom, never a problem at all. And it works better than anything else out there as far as I've found for removing grime, bugs, and tar.

And oh, the 'magic eraser' wouldn't remove crayon from my daughter's bedroom door, hope it does better elsewhere.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 AM
neveuxpr
Amateur

The clay bar works wonders on stuck on bugs, road debris, or anything else stuck on. Sold in the automotive sections and it's made by a few companies.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:06 PM
sumncguy
Veteran

I always wax my truck .... I just use a soft bristle brush, if I notice fine scratches, I Macquire swirl remove the painted areas then go over it wiff wax ... looks great .. bug guts come off easy ... I might add too that I live in the woods of North Carolina ... between Hillsborough and Roxboro ... the bugs are so big around here that they have necks, turn and stare at you after you've tried to squish em. We dont let children 4 and under out after dusk.

Old 05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

Turtle Wax- Bug and tar Remover works good.
You got to get the bugs off asap- so they don't etch into the chrome.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Hi Robs5.9L,

Here is my 10 step procedure for gettin the bugs off thefront end of me truck.

1. Move truck into shaded area. Drink Beer.
2. Rinse as many bugs off with garden hose as you can. Drink Beer.
3. Holler at neighbor, hold up empty beer for him to see and shrug shoulders while making a sad face. DrinknextBeer very fast before neighbor sees you are not really out of beer.
4.Get two lawn chairs for you and neighbor to sit in. Place them10 feet in front of truck (but still in shaded area) Drink Neighbors Beer
5. Holler for wife. Drink Neighbors Beer.
6. Ask wife how she would go aboutgetting these dang bugs off truck because you have been trying for hours with little success. Drink Neighbors Beer.
7. Wife usually gets bucket-detergent-rag (could be Magic Eraser or Felt Cloth that she keeps under sink) Drink Neighbors Beer.
8. Tell neighbor huge lies about the fish you almost caught. Finish Off Neighbors Beer.
9.Tell neighbor that you remembered you have an emergency stash of beer. Drink Beer.
10. Complement wife on what a good job she is doing. Drink Beer.
Note: If bugs are still on truck repete step 10. If bugs are gone proceed to Drink Beer.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Bugs on the front Bumper??