3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New member question???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Al Bundys Dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member question???

I am looking to purchase a new Dodge QC truck. The local dealer has a Thunder Road "sale" going on right now for (what seems to me) a good price.
My question is in the availability of the engine. The standard package comes with the magnum 4.7 V8. I drive short distances to work and back, tow a bass boat no more than an hour or so and occasional longer vacation trips.

How will this truck do on gasoline?

Would the Hemi do as well or better?

I am a 5 - 8 mile per hour faster than the speed limit guy, so I don't rum 80 or 90 on highways.
I would use K & N air filters and Mobile 1 synthetic oils.

Any issues I should ask about when buying?

Thanks.

P.S. I am going from a small SUV that only gets 17 mpg in town and 22 on the highway

Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New member question???

I'm getting about 20 Hwy and14.8-15.2 City (Computer).The computer told me I was getting 16.8 on the last trip I took, but my mileage to tank of gas ratio gave me a little over 20 at 75-85 MPH. I drive about 10 miles to work and home with maybe 3 or 4 stop lights. It doesn't suck as much fuel down as a Hemi from a light and I use my overdrive on take-off. That helps too. Besides horsepower, I'm not really sure, to be honest.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Al Bundys Dodge

20 isn't too bad for highway.

I just hope I am not too disapointed with pep. Coming from a zoom zoom Mazda Tribute with 200 HP in a 3000 pound vehicle with an XCal. Thing gets up and goes.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:35 PM
go49ers
Professional

I would suggest the Hemi. Maybe Im partial but my hemi gets better gas mileage them my girlfriends truck witch is a 4.7 maybe because of the MDS

Quick Reply: New member question???