3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Nitrous Option

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:43 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Option

Not that I have the money right now, but in a few months (November)I will be doing a lift, bigger tires and such. I am concerned that all this will slow my truck up a bit. I would like to do a STS but I think it would have to be the lift/ tire or turbo, not both. The cheaper option I have be considering is using nitrous to give it some extra giddiup when needed. I was looking at this site (http://www.rpmoutlet.com/ramhemitran.htm) and can do apretty slick set up for $1380. What things do I need to consider when using nitrous? Am I just wasting my money going this way? Anyone on this site running this set up now? I need to start thinking about these things now so I can create a build budget. Thanks in advance for the input.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Nitrous Option

I would recommend getting 4.56 gears to combat the loss of speed. You have a 4x4 as well, so your driveshaft should be steel, which means less of a chance of driveshaft problems due to increased rotational velocity at certain speeds. The reason I suggest gears is 1) less chance of warranty issues 2) will benefit you all of the time, unlike the bottle 3) should help with towing 4) most report better fuel mileage in town, with a slight loss on the highway. Also, since you have a 2500 I believe you could get the power wagon 4.56s, have them installed by the dealer and it should all be under warranty.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Default RE: Nitrous Option

I was planning on the gears, but just wanted a boost in HP. I want the STS but like I said, limited budget, nitrous looked like a cheaper option. And from that site, I can buy parts as needed, not the whole thing at once to make it work.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Option