3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Techie Help !

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:44 PM
tommyg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Techie Help !

I've got an '04, 1500 QC, Hemi, 4x4 that just turned 6,000 miles. Was stuck in freeway traffic last night for 2-1/2 hours, the first 2 hours at about 10 mph, not using the gas pedal at all. The truck spent a lot of time in first gear ! After about 1-1/2 hours, when I would come to a stop, the truck would seem to hesitate, then kinda jump forward a little like it was starving for gas ( I had 1/4 tank !) A light on the dash came on, turned out to be the electronic throttle control. When traffic allowed, I'd accelerate and the light would go out, then come back on when I stopped. When the jam cleared, and I got up to cruising spped, I had no more problems, no light came on. The same thing happened tonite, the traffic wasn't as bad, but you could watch the tach drop from 500 or so, down to around 300, then jump back up. Anyone have a clue what might be going on ? I'd appreciate any comments !! Thanks !!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:09 PM
GMsucks
Record Breaker
Default RE: Need Techie Help !

Sounds like you might have a throttle position sensor or a pedal position sensor error.
Take it to the dealer and have 'em take a peek at it.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
tommyg
Default RE: Need Techie Help !

Thanks GMS ! I think I will, I've got a couple other little issues I've been saving up for them also !

Quick Reply: Need Techie Help !