3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

High beam light flickers in cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
clemsonteg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High beam light flickers in cluster?

I have noticed in the early morning or at night when everything is dark that there is a faint flicker of the high beam light in the gauge cluster. The high beams will be off but I can see the light flash just a little bit, probably once every 10 seconds or so. Any idea what this might be. Probably sounds stupid but I am crazy **** about my vehicles[/align]

Old 01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: High beam light flickers in cluster?

it could be that the led behind the cluster does not fully cover the symbol and you are getting residual bleed thru from the remaining light behind the cluster. moving up the list you could have something going on in the electrical wiring harness or within the trucks electrical/computer system itself.

I have trouble shot business jet problems and i have found the hardest of all systems to pinpoint a problem is electrical. Give me a hydraulic or pnuematic problem any day of the week.

Right now it sounds like a minor irritation rather then a problem. If it gets worse do a resistence check of the wiring and move on from there.

Quick Reply: High beam light flickers in cluster?