3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

remote starter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:41 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: remote starter!!!

Ahhh i c, well at least your using your money and not your parents... i hate when people have their parents pay for everything cuz all their money goes to their payment and they can't afford anything else.... What i hate even more is when the parents buy a truck, let the kid drive itthen the kid runs around calling it "his" truck....

Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Ahhh i c, well at least your using your money and not your parents... i hate when people have their parents pay for everything cuz all their money goes to their payment and they can't afford anything else.... What i hate even more is when the parents buy a truck, let the kid drive itthen the kid runs around calling it "his" truck....
ooo that too is my pet peeve they are all over at my school i work my hands to the bone to have what i got and do what i like to do and then you see the kid in daddy's brand new diesel and his srt 10 ram (honestly there is a kid around here who has both!) its a bit rediculous

I was taught to work for what i want I earn it and respect it a lot more and its true!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 AM
motorhead426
All Star

I just want to find one that turns my heated seats on so I don't have to walk out and turn them on every time. Anyone have any good ideas on this?

Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: motorhead426

I just want to find one that turns my heated seats on so I don't have to walk out and turn them on every time. Anyone have any good ideas on this?
That's allI need right there, I don't even need the remote start if I could pre-heat those seats!! LOL It sucks that they say letting it warm by idling is the worst thing you can do for the engine. 30 sec is about right just to get the tranny fluid moving then drive it away.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Duso02

That's allI need right there, I don't even need the remote start if I could pre-heat those seats!! LOL It sucks that they say letting it warm by idling is the worst thing you can do for the engine. 30 sec is about right just to get the tranny fluid moving then drive it away.
i have never heard letting a truck idle to warm up as being a bad thing... where did you here this

Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
motorhead426
All Star

I've heard after long periods of idling with a less than hot enginewill causefuel to wash down the cylinder walls, andpossibly dilute the crankcase oil. The same thing can happen with the granny down the street that drives short distances to where the engine never gets to operating temps. Conditions like these can "gum" things up, like the valves and such. For most of us this is not a problem. Just keep your oil changed regularly, and use some fuel system treatment once in a while and you shouldn't have to wrry about it...

....but I'm still looking for that system that heats my seats.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Motorhead said. The computer is designed to add more gas when it's cold out. It kills the plugs as well. I hada trusted mechanic tell me that, so I researched it on the web and the predominate answer was 30 sec and go.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i just got off the phone with one of the alarm places and they start at 290 installed..... i'd rather run around freezin in the mornings... im thinking about seeing if i can find a good one and install it myself.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 PM
moodie
Professional

Be careful doing the install yourself. It can get tricky with the security bypass and such. The dealer took over 4 hours to install mine and they install a couple of these a day. If they mess it up then they have to fix it ... if you mess it up you have to fix it and it mayend up costing more.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Zack1978
Professional

I've heard after long periods of idling with a less than hot enginewill causefuel to wash down the cylinder walls, andpossibly dilute the crankcase oil. The same thing can happen with the granny down the street that drives short distances to where the engine never gets to operating temps. Conditions like these can "gum" things up, like the valves and such. For most of us this is not a problem. Just keep your oil changed regularly, and use some fuel system treatment once in a while and you shouldn't have to wrry about it...

....but I'm still looking for that system that heats my seats.
Well at idle the engine wear is also increased greatly! That is why police cars are bad to buy later in life because they spend thousands of hours at idle.

Zack

Quick Reply: remote starter!!!