3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Increase Horsepower ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:48 AM
6 hemi ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Increase Horsepower ???

just my 2 cents worth. i bought a 6 hemi new with 245s and open diff. from the start floored it would barely turn the wheel. i have since put 285s on and limited slip. no turn and a terrible bog from the get go. i went to premium gas. this along alows me to turn the tires. both of then of the line and the bog is gone. I also have installed a 180 degree thermo which has heloed some and a CAI that has helped some too. now with 33s i can easily turn the tires from the start. this all cost me like $50. of course i bought the CAI used. but still. the next best bet is to spend your money on gears. this should give you the best get up and go. by the way i have the sucky 3:55 gears. my next plan of attack is 4:11 or 4:56 gears and then exhaust and then a programmer. I think you could interchange the last 2. but the first 3 cost the least and will give you a noticable difference. just me experience. enjoy the hemi!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Mattcmdr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have exhaust and superchips programmer if i dont go for the cai first with is will its headers.... isay go for all external engine/horse power accessories then go for cams and such.......witch i do plane to be my first internal power adder

Old 12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

since a 6.1 Hemi
is an up-rated horsepower version of the 5.7
doesn't it make sense to know all the differences between them
and use this as a guide to improve a 5.7?

http://ask.autoblog.com/2006/02/20/a...-7-and-6-1-v8/

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new-mopar-hemi.html

Quick Reply: Increase Horsepower ???