3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 1500 CEL, P0499, Wiring help

Old 07-09-2018, 10:40 AM
MikeInLa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 1500 CEL, P0499, Wiring help

I know, there are a LOT of posts about P0499 code and I have looked at all of them. But seems like every one of them is a different situation so I'm reaching out here...
I have the CEL with code P0499. My truck is a 2006 with the 4.7. Can anyone tell me where this wire leads or what else to check? I'm at a loss.

The code: (P0499) Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Control Circuit High
Potential causes may include: Faulty vent valve Wire/circuit issue PCM/EMC/ECM fault

I hope its just a bad wire, but I can only trace it up to the side of the bell housing at the back of the engine.
I pulled the Vent Valve and checked the resistance - 8.4 ohms. I think that means its good from what I've read. The connection there seems fine and wiring seems good (for the section I can see). Also don't see any damage, cracks, or holes in the vent valve or vacuum lines leading to it. The only thing I didn't check is the voltage on the 2 wires that lead to the vent valve. What is the proper way to check this? Does it only power up at ignition or just key on? And what voltage should I see there?
And the most important question, if there is no voltage (or it's too low), where do the other end of these wires lead (connect) to?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 1500 CEL, P0499, Wiring help