3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Something missing on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something missing on this forum

One of my Nephews just bought an 08 1500 Thunder Road today and I am gettin his **** on here.

It can't hurt.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:55 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

the deed is done i sent amanda a lengthy pm with my suggestions.... hope she likes it i am always pointing people to the forum too...

Old 11-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

Because I have a 3rd gen. Truck. and besidesI had to start someplace. There's a new magazine coming out for Dodge owners It's called Dodge Enthusiasts They will have lot's of information on Dodge activites such as clubs and local events. It'll cost $19.95 per year. But it will be well worth it.

[/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I post on this forum all the time ,Don't you guy's read them? I have a Dodge Ram ThunderRoad 04 Quad cab 4x4Hemi. Does this qualify me to post here. All you have to do is read on.

[/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The problem lies in the fact that DodgeForum is a HUGE melting pot of vehicles. Most of these "other" sites are targeted at one specific style or make of vehicle. It's really hard to get a DF get together going, but for the individual sections, it wouldnt surprise me at all if they were able to do it. I know they've done it in the past.

Something I've seen, is that some states just have a lot of people.....and others do not...because I'm from Indiana and I only know of about a dozen people on the forum that are also in Indiana that are actually active posters...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

not an argument just a thought....
if we could get more people to visit the regional section where they are from it would be much easier to have get togethers..... i am from pa and i know there are quite a few of us... mayfair and i had gone to a couple places together but thats because of other forums organizing it... (sorry dodgeforum is still my favorite) if we could get more people to regional sections and notify them better when we are trying to get a get together to happen it would be golden.... what do you think?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

not an argument just a thought....
if we could get more people to visit the regional section where they are from it would be much easier to have get togethers..... i am from pa and i know there are quite a few of us... mayfair and i had gone to a couple places together but thats because of other forums organizing it... (sorry dodgeforum is still my favorite) if we could get more people to regional sections and notify them better when we are trying to get a get together to happen it would be golden.... what do you think?
I'd love for that to happen, unfortunately it just doesnt. Perhaps what needs to happen is more advertising across the forum for Dodge/Chrysler meet n greets....

However, some sections are exclusive to their own, the Ram being one of the biggest. Most Ram owners dont travel outside of the section too much....so they may not be interested in meeting a Charger or Caliber owner...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Some owners live in the middle of Montana and are not able to drive to the coasts where it seems the majority of forum members are. Yes there are numerous in the central u.s. as well. I wuold love to meet alot of guys on here, it is geographically difficult though.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
kregier
Veteran

And some of us live in the Great White North where it's a long way to anywhere

Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

Now that some of you seem to be showing an interest, now maybe we can get something started. You don't need to travel out of your state. But you can. The reason for posting here is this is where the action is. We can still go to the regional areas but the information is here .We started off by using the internet. One guy started a club and then he went to a couple of cruise events. Not just for The PT but for anything.They were open evens. But people who have pt's startd showing up to these events and go the web site and now we have two large national Clubs around the world ,And they are all one on the internet. Our membership is around 25,000 PT's and it all started will one guy ,one PT, and a web site. Now does anyone get an Idea on what we can do from this. And with the help of a new magazine .that will help us get the information that we need and with picture's of our trucks. My truck will be in issue #2 .

[/align]

Quick Reply: Something missing on this forum