3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tonneau Covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 12:23 AM
mill500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Covers

Anybody have any experience with the non-snap covers? I was looking at the Lund Genesis or the Extang RT (both roll up) and wondered if anybody had tried either one, and had any experience with how well they stay attached.

I've got an 04 QC short bed.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:08 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: Tonneau Covers

A friend has a roolup on his dak, and he hates it, total waste off money. take up almost a foot at the front of the box, and the deck is falling out of the rails all the time, when it snows, itll melt in the day, and freese up in the roll mech and rails.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:41 PM
sparkie

The Truxedo or the Extang roll-up type of tonneau covers do not take up zero bed space unlike the most popular brand like Roll-N-Lock which takes up alot of bed space. I have personally owned the Truxedo brand for several years, and they are the very best. Easy to use and operate!

Old 11-26-2004, 06:38 PM
rakram
Rookie

After doing a fair amount of research, I chose the Truxedo brand, low profile style. This product uses a spring adjustment mechanism to keep the cover tight in the changing WI temperature conditions. The cover latch is metal, not plastic or a composite; and uses the snapless, velcro fastening system. The fit is snug and the spares are attached to the underside of the cover. There is a lifetime warranty (limited of course) on the fabric and rails. A national product locally available, with installers who perform warranty repairs. From the installers and Truxedo literature - car touchless washable and you need not worry about damage via the blow dryers. My installer suggested Truxedo over the Access brand, although he stated both were quality products.

Both product lines have good websites with FAQ information.

http://www.truxedo.com/
http://www.accesscover.com/

Old 11-26-2004, 07:47 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a fold-up type from Peragon. Nice unit. It's secure, light weight, easy to use and looks good.http://www.peragon.com

Old 11-26-2004, 11:52 PM
HIGH_HEMI

I recently bought an Xtang vinyl rollup type for my 2004 Dodge QC SB. It is a low profile, no drilling and holds tight with adjusters like Truxedo, Access, literider and the rest. A good product that was easy to install. All rubber seats that, so far, have kept my bedliner 100% dry even with the 20 inches of snow we got the other day. I also got a good deal, price-wise, on ebay.

Old 11-27-2004, 08:13 PM
CBR Rider 1
Amateur

Hopefully someone can help. I haven't run into the guy down the road yet to ask, so I'll ask here. I want a cover for the bed and this guy has the one I want. There are no bed rail covers needed and it doesn't look like it's a hard cover either. Anyone know which one it is, and can you point me to a link with a picture perhaps?

Thanx,
Z

Old 11-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Vader
Champion

I have an Access roll up that uses velcro to stay in place. I am very happy with it.

Old 11-27-2004, 09:59 PM
jackfrost

are all snapless tonneau covers velcro? does it last? i'm a little leery about using velcro to keep a tonneau cover on.

Old 11-28-2004, 03:16 PM
HIGH_HEMI

I'm sure you can get a picture at Xtang's website...not sure if it is xtang.com or what it is. Just put tonneau in search and look at xtang when it comes up. Anyway, the xtang doesn't need bed rail caps but will work with end caps....tailgate and at truck cab end of bed. I have that type of caps. The xtang works great...velcro fasteners along length of sides while the ends are 'locked' in place with easy removal. Support rails are built into the cover so you don't have to mess with those either....whole thing just rolls up. Took me about 30 minutes to go from getting out of box to finished install. You can also find them on ebay at a pretty good discount from retail. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers