3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transgo shift kit

Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Story
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo shift kit

Has anyone installed one yet on a hemi 1500. I just had a new Auburn with4.56 installed along with a high stall converter. The guy was to install the shift kit but I just looked under the truck and it doesn't look like the pan has been off. I also couldn't find the resister that was in the kit. When I picked up my truck all I noticed was that the gears were whining louder then I have ever heard. He told me to take it easy for a couple hundred mile to break them in. Told me it will get quite. I'm not thinking it's going to. My truck didn't seem to shift any fermer than stock but I haven't got on it yet. Shouldn't it be fast and ferm? I also need to post a pic of the barring that went bad on the pinion gear. I have no idea how this could have happened be that the edge looked like someone took a hammer and screwdrive and smacket the crap out of it. It's bad. How? I will post a pick when it's light out. Back to the shift thing. Shouldn't a shift kit be fast and firm? The kit is a Transgo reprogram kit.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:26 PM
paul bunyan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transgo shift kit

yes, you will notice a difference with the transgo kit.
very noticeable increase in firmness and decrease in time "between" gears. have the shop prove to you by returning the old parts,(lol). Unfortunately,there really is no way to prove that they didn't pull the pan, unless the dirt/grime on the pan bolts is undisturbed. If you have driven in the rain since the work was done, you are probably out of luck. sorry...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transgo shift kit