3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ever locked your keys in your truck???

Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 PM
livetokite
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever locked your keys in your truck???

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: Foiled

people claim that you can call who ever has your other keyless fob on a cell phone and they press the button the cell phone will transmit the signal over the cell signal and will unlock the auto.

I have never seen it work.
It works, I can attest to it. We were out drinking inthe bar oneevening after a round of golfand the topic came up and I said something about how cool the Onstar I had with my Chevy truck was. Dude brought up the cell phone deal. I didn't buy it, so he locked his Durango and handed me his keys, called his wife and held the cell phone up about 3 feet away from the car with the speaker phone on and click, the SOB unlocked. Cost me a $10 bet...
he probably had another key in his pocket he used, like keni said.

i've tryed that with my truck, had my friend go way down the street and didn't work.

tried it several times.. no good.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

with my old truck i kept a spare key in my wallet... havent been unlucky with this truck yet in that matter.... LOL

Old 01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That SOB, wait till I see him again, I'm gonna beat that $10 out of his ***. We were bored at work today and tried it with three different vehicles. None of them worked!!!

But I swear, I've read all over the friggin' internet about people doing it...

Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Foiled
Veteran

You got stuck. Get your $10 + some for your trouble.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 AM
sddunn2
Professional

I tried it with the wife and it didnt work . tried both vehicles dodge and honda ... nothing ..
would be great if it worked !!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Hammer..sorry you got scammed buddy

I would like to admit ive never lost a stupid bar bet, but that would be a lie..sucks dont it

Old 01-03-2008, 02:02 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knock on wood, I've never locked my keys in my car. I have a really good habit of NEVER using the lock button in the car, always use the keyless to lock it. My wife has locked her keys in her's countless times. I can't get her into the same habit. My favorite; I put an extra key for her in one of those magnets under her back bumper, and I stopped getting the "Sweetie, I did it again" calls for quite a while, until one day I get it, "Sweetie, I locked the keys in the car". I told her to use the spare, and then she proceeded to tell me that she did use the spare, just the day before, and forgot to put it back!!! So now we've got two keys in the car!!!! lol. Luckily her new aviater has the keypad on the driver's door for her now, the calls have finally stopped for good!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 04:04 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Cell Phone Trick Update: Now one of the guys who was at work when we tried three different vehicles with no success called me tonight and said it worked with his wife's VW. His '06 Chevy truck was a no go at work and he tried it again at home and still wouldn't unlock. Do different manufacturers make different types of FOBs?

Old 01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im pretty sure it works. you have to use TWO cell phones though not a land line to a cell phone, and you have to be pretty close to the censor that unlocks the car, and it's not always that close to the door of the car.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:47 AM
zman9119

I've had it work before on my 2500 and our Xterra from around 50 miles away. You are correct on having to have both callers using cell phones, and it will not work over direct connect by nextel (tried last winter when I didn't bring by winter stuff with me plowing... [:'(])

.z

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever locked your keys in your truck???