3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift installed tomorrow...last minute questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:12 PM
jms2291
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift installed tomorrow...last minute questions

Ok so tomorrow my truck should come home lifted...it's a 2005 1500 quad cab 2wd. I'm going with the PA 3" body lift and a level...My concerns are that I have the stock 20" wheels with stock. 275/60/20 zeon ltz's and I have read about wheel backspacing and am not sure I this setup will work..wilk they look small? Or not agressive enough? also I have a k&n cai...I says that it's not comparable with a body lift...any advice...? And last what about the towing package? Will it hang below the bumper 3"?

If anyone has this setup or know about it I would appreciate any information..maybe a pic even of the tow package with te body lift...

Thanks.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

So you are basically getting 5" of lift up front, I don't think it'll be too bad but obviously bigger tires would fill the wells up better. We had a moderator around here a couple of years ago who's truck I did a good bit of work on. 6" of suspension lift on it and he had 33x12.5x17s on it and I thought it looked good, although his tires were a bit wider than yours, height is about the same.

I don't see any reason why the CAI wouldn't work, I did a PA body lift myself on my old 2nd Gen Ram and it had no bearing on the CAI.

Yes, your towing receiver will hang 3" low, you are lifting the BODY, not the suspension like a suspension lift will do, so anything mounted to the frame will sit 3" below the body. You can fabricate it to work with some cutting and welding, but since you are not doing the body lift/level yourself, obviously you'll have to find a good shop to do that...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:13 PM
jms2291
Rookie

I will prob keep the tires and replace when these wear out as I just bought these in march...I still have well over half tread left...would seem like a waste to replace them...I plan to get a set of spacers do I think i can pull them off...I also have a set of flares and my towing mirrors to go with it(just waiting to have my lift installed)...worried about the tow package hanging... I also read your post lift 101 and it said that bumpers would sit below the body...I was underthe impression the PA kit ha the necessary parts to raise the bumper as well?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

PA does come with bumper lift brackets, you should be fine there. If you have those tires on now without spacers and no rubbing, you won't need them after the lift.

But yeah, you'll see the hitch assembly below the bumper, also DO NOT try to use a ball on the bumper, once it's relocated it's basically just on there for looks, it's not solid like it was when it was bolted to the frame.

If you bought tires in March and are already down to half tread - you bought the wrong tires! I put my 35" Cepeks on in '05 and still have over 80% tread on them...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:40 PM
jms2291
Rookie

I bought the the first week of march...They are Cooper Zeon LTZ. They have just under 20,000 miles on them...

Quick Reply: Lift installed tomorrow...last minute questions