3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchip is Finally in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
BadRam1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchip is Finally in!

After all the crap that I went through, I finally gotone with all the correct parts. I set it on the Performance Setting andam quite pleased with the results so far. I only got to drive it for around 10 miles back to my house and there was quite a bit of traffic, but I was able to get on the throttlefor a little bit. Off the line acceleration is a little but quicker. The throttle is also much more responsive. I wasn't able to get into 3rdgear under hard acceleration, but the 1/2 shiftwas unlike anyhing I have ever driven. It just lunges forward. In addition to the shifting, the other most noticable improvement is the midrange punch.I punched it from a 50mph roll and it threw me back in the seat.Not to the extentmy dad's friends SRT-10 did, but still not bad for anear stock 4.7L. I'm notgoing to calculate the gas mileage on this tank as Ihave no desire to keep my foot off the throttle. By next fill-up, my speed itch will have been scratched and I'll get a more accuratenumber.I'm planning onputting it on the dynotowards the end of the month.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Superchip is Finally in!

Nice glad to hear you like it!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Cool it will be nice to see the dyno numbers

Old 01-08-2008, 09:16 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran

I wish the 4.7 05 had one out[]

I emailed superchips though... and this guy al emailed me back saying we might possibly have one out for the 4.7 by the end of the year...

Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

I just found out that all the garbage I dealt with to get the part was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to what happened to my friend. He ordered his Superchip about 2 weeks ago because it was on sale for $300. It finally came in today. When he plugged it in, the darn thing would't turn on. He checked all the fuses and everything seemed to be in order, so now he's probably going to have to send it in and wait for another few weeks to get a new one. Granted, I paid full retail for mine, but at least the shop I bought it from was able to get them in overnight.

With my Superchip (3715), I was able to change the top speed of my truck, although I was unable to choose the specific speed. I believe its called the "Superchip setting". Anyone know what my new top speed is?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it resolved. Still sounds like Superchips thinks they're the king of the mountain, and don't have to do it right. Your speed itch will be scratched, but will it go away? Mine never has. It's damned hard to feather-foot this Hemi. Too many da's in the way!

Quick Reply: Superchip is Finally in!