3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spray-in Bedliners

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray-in Bedliners

Which bedliner is the best and why? I am looking to get one shortly and wanted to hear everyones feedback. Wanna make sure that I am getting the best product for the money. That stuff ain't cheap. Thanks

Old 01-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Frank T
Default RE: Spray-in Bedliners

Supposedly the guy who invented this stuff (can someone confirm?) has a shop near menear Allentown PA. Here's some info

http://www.ultimatelv.com/gallery.php

I am going to get his "ultimate liner" in my NEW'07 2500 QC when it comes back from the dealer. Cost: $565 for black hi-pressure coating of 1/8-3/16 over the rails on an 8ft bed. Low pressure coating is 'softer' and not as durrable and can fade from what I hear.
My brother in law has his Tundra shot and looks great. its worth the $$ IMHO

Hope this helps
Frank T

Old 01-12-2008, 07:25 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

my freind works at a limo manufacturer painting the limos. every now and then they stretch a escalde ext with the 4 ft bed. they do a spray in liner in the bed. he was saying he did a few and its soo easy. he was able to getfew gallons of the bedliner and is going to do mine for me next weekend for $100 ( im going to do the sanding and he will spray it) i cant wait.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
ToughRam 1500

I just had a Linex Bedliner Sprayed in 2 weeks ago exactly and I Love it. I spent 769.00 tax and all

450 for bedliner
50 for over the rails
250 for color match (they make their money on this but I wouldn't do it any different unless I really wanted the standard black)

It looks nice in my 5 month old 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi

Old 01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
mikebol
Veteran

I put LineX in my 04 QC1500 right after I bought it new. I've been pretty hard on it with a shovel carrying dirt, stone, crushed rocks and mulch. It's still in great condition (a little discolored due to the stain in the mulch) after all that hand shoveling. It's very hard and durable.

I forget what it cost me... around $500 or so at the time.

Mike

Old 01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
dieseldoc1
Professional

got my 2 done for 400.00 at american camper,arlington,texas. no brand name on it,was color matched perfect and never had trouble with it. no chipping,fading,etc.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:31 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Got a bedrug. I love it!!!! http://Bedrug.com
cost around $340

Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had Xtreme in my last two trucks without any problems. I have even had a few dents as a result of dropping stuff into the bed and the liner did not come off.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:03 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer had already put the Premium One bedliner in it. Guranteed for life not to chip/scratch or FADE. However it had already started to fade when I pulled it off the dealer's lot, I took it by the place that did it, and they masked the truck down and redone the whole thing, no questions asked. However, if the dealer had not already done that, I would've gone the bedrug route. I just think they look sexier...

Old 09-05-2008, 02:17 AM
osa
Default Only two safe bets on Spray-on liners

The sad fact is their are only two safe bets on spray on liners either Line-x or Rhino. The reason I say safe bets is they are the only two with Nationwide warranties the rest have if your lucky just a decent local warranty. Line-x and Rhino have Lifetime warranties that are nationwide against most everything and put it in writing. Where the rest just dont... They leave it up to the local dealer to do that and most sound just like our politicians they will tell you everything you want to hear but never put it to ink and if they dont make it your warranty aint worth the paper its written on anyway. So the only safe bets are Rhino and Line-x. Now I am not saying some of the other dont put out a pretty liner. You just may not be able to get it fixed two years from now.

Now my preference is Line-x if I had to choose they use the hardest material they make a color matched liner made with duponts help using dupont kevlar which is guarenteed not to fade or discolor etc. And I love mine.....

Here is my local dealers site they are great.

http://www.millenniumlinings.com/xtra.htm

Quick Reply: Spray-in Bedliners