3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Auto Head Light Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
jesseh627
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Head Light Switch

I miss my auto headlight switch I used to have on another vehicle. Has anyone switched out their stock switch for an automatic one? Anyone seen an aftermarket option for this?

Old 01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Foiled
Veteran
Default RE: Auto Head Light Switch

I miss alot since I do not drive the Lincoln much anymore.

Auto lights, Auto Wipers, Auto up and down on both front windows, Auto mirror dims on inside and outside. Lowering all windows and opening the sun roof with the keyless remote. Closing all windows and sunroof with the drivers door lock and the key pad on the drivers door unlock with out the keys. Seat, steering wheel, mirror's and gas/brake pedal memory and 2 presets. Programming the remotes to remember who unlocked the car and it sets the seats, pedal's, steering wheel and mirrors to your settings. Heated and AC cooled seats.

I think I miss the advance trac the most. You can keep it on and you can't spin the tires even on wet roads. So no more fish tails when entering traffic quickly and you can turn it off if you want to play.

They don't call it the Ultimate edition for nothing I guess. The wife sure does like driving it though.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This gadget and a bit of wiring will give you auto headlights.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=010 There's a nicely-done "how to" on this forum, I believe. I've only read through it once. As I recall, you'll need one more relay, but otherwise, it's all there.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

Whoops, not this forum. Try this: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158837You may need to copy & paste.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
SmittyRN
Professional

I've always wondered if you could get the parts from a 300 and install them in a Ram. I miss the auto-headlights too, after using them for the past 4 years now I'm forgetting to turn them on or off.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

ORIGINAL: MikeHTally

Whoops, not this forum. Try this: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158837You may need to copy & paste.
What a surprise.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 PM
jesseh627

Mike even if you could wire the auto on/off switch into the normal headlight switch. I wouldn't necessarily have to have the sensor that goes with many of the systems, you know, they don't come on uless it is dark enough outside.

The last 3 vehicles and our current Town & Country just have auto on lamps. When you crank it and the lamps are in the auto setting, they come on.

What do you think?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:23 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

ORIGINAL: jesseh627

Mike even if you could wire the auto on/off switch into the normal headlight switch. I wouldn't necessarily have to have the sensor that goes with many of the systems, you know, they don't come on uless it is dark enough outside.

The last 3 vehicles and our current Town & Country just have auto on lamps. When you crank it and the lamps are in the auto setting, they come on.

What do you think?
An excellent point. I don't know if this after market unit has any kind of sensitivitysetting. My C has an "easter egg" in the EVIC, allowing the owner to change a few things, one of which was the sensitivity of the auto lamps. I turned mine down a fair bit. I didnt' like the factory default setting, so I turned it down (up) so the lights come on much sooner.

Quick Reply: Auto Head Light Switch