DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   2007 Ram Sirius radio quality sucks (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/152412-2007-ram-sirius-radio-quality-sucks.html)

Arvada 03-14-2008 08:47 PM

2007 Ram Sirius radio quality sucks

Does anyone else think their factory Sirius radio is distorted? Mine sounds a lot worse than FM or CDs. The problem is what I would call a phase shift. It sounds likeit's in a barrel. I had changed the factory radio froma single cd to factory changer and it sounds the same. Sirius never responded to a support email. The dealer sent a guy out to look at it. He went back to the lot and listened to other Rams and thought it sounded bad too. I gave up usingSirius after I bought the truck last fall. I have no idea why anyone would pay for this unless they were on the road in the middle of nowhere and had absolutely no other choice. I live in the Denver metroarea. Great satellite footprint. No TSBs that I can tell.

[IMG]local://upfiles/72240/8122F31FB15445F6B20DC605F166F266.jpg[/IMG]

Parts/Service 03-14-2008 08:52 PM

RE: 2007 Ram Sirius radio quality sucks

I have driven many different Dodge products with sat radio and have not had any problems. I can not tell any difference betewwn FM and Sat.

CMA 03-14-2008 09:39 PM

Sat is notas good a quality as CD, that is a fact.

The factory stereo is pretty crappy.

bwhite757 03-14-2008 09:40 PM

I can tell a difference between FM and SAT, sirius sounds much better in my truck. Granted it's not the best I've heard, but it's still better than the regular radio...

Sirius won't be able to help you, they do not make the unit. My only complaint is that it seems to cut out a lot more than my old radio in my last truck. Driving under a tree will make it skip, but that's due to the small buffer that our factory radios have....

JD1500 03-14-2008 10:45 PM

Cd>Sirius>AM>FM.

Sirius quality is great, better than radio. the stock radio just blows balls.

RamItOne 03-15-2008 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: CMA

Sat is not as good a quality as CD, that is a fact.

The factory stereo is pretty crappy.

No sh!t really a signal beamed miles into orbit and then back down to your truck isn't as clear as an optical laser 1mm away from the source?
sat radio is nice when I'm a new city, when I go to the coast where there's no radio signal, out in the sticks to go hunting

Ben D. 03-15-2008 01:22 AM

check ur antenna. if it's anythign like what most sirius recievers come with they suck and break a lot. that might be ur issue

RamItOne 03-15-2008 01:46 AM

if all the ones on the lot don't sound well then either Chrysler f'd up on some of their trucks oraybe Denver isn't a good location, go to a car audio store ask them if there's an issue with Denver.

HighDuke1911 03-15-2008 03:48 AM

its most likely the stock radio. if you were to get an aftermarket sirius radio and new cd player, you wouldnt have that problem. i have the same problem but its the stock radio. its a POS.

Kooda 03-15-2008 07:30 AM

I replaced the factory radio in my 06 Ram. I added a Pioneer head unit, didn't change the speakers, or add an amp yet, and it sounds 100% better than the stock unit. I figured it would sound better than the stock unit, but it is unbelievable the difference it made.

Don;t mess with Crysler, just go buy a good head unit, and the good wiring harness. I had to pay $89.00 just for the harness, so it wouldn't cause any codes. You will also have to buy an antenna adapter, that was cheap though.

All in all it cost me $128.00 for the harness, the antenna adpater, and the faceplate. I already had the headunit, taken out of my previous truck.