3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello, I'm quite a NEW member from Poland

Old 06-05-2008, 04:38 AM
ramirez2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, I'm quite a NEW member from Poland

Hello all.

My name is Gregory. I live in Poland.
I'm DODGE fan. I drove my lovely white DODGE Caravan Sport 3.3 V6 (1996) for 3 years, but I have decided to sell it to buy RAM.
My old Caravan has proven to be a very comfortable and reliable van and I loved this beatiful blue DODGE sign on the hood

Now looking for RAM 5.7 V8 HEMI Magnum 4x4 QuadCab.
Maybe this sounds quite crazy, as the unleaded 95 gas cost today almost 8 USD per gallon in my city (ooo yes, that's true in Europe), but I stil want to buy RAM 5.7 V8 HEMI Magnum 4x4 QuadCab.

Up to date I heard a lot of bull**** about "bad, still failing on the road and on the work & fuel consuming RAM".
Most of guys tells me not to buy the RAM 5.7 HEMI, but let say something from GM (Chevy Silverado, looks ugly for me) or Ford FXXX Crew Cab, beacuse they are more reliable, have a better mileage, better transmissions, blah blah etc.

But the only pickup I like is RAM 5.7 HEMI QuadCab
Could you please tell me something about this pickup?
I'd like to buy 2004-2006 RAM 5.7 HEMI Magnum 4x4 (with A/T and manual 2WD/4WD) QuadCab and I need any info about reliability, fuel economy, repairs and any clueas and hints.
I will use it just for driving (sometimes with a whole family), no heavy duty works, etc.

Thanks a lot for any clues and hints (in very simple English please ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

PS. Sorry for my poor English.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:41 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hello, I'm quite a NEW member from Poland

First off, welcome to the forum.

As far as reliability of the truck, you will have no problems as long as you take care of it. All vehicles can have problems, but usually nothing major. Since you are not going to use it for heavy duty work, this makes it even better for you.

Fuel economy is what is bad. Stock you should see around 12-14 in the city and 15 - 17 on the highway. With a couple of upgrades you can improve this for the better. If you drive it hard, your mileage will be worse of course as with any big vehicle.

If you have a large family, you might want to look into the Megacab as this will give you more leg room in the back. The gas mileage will be worse but will be more comfortable.

In short, if you take care of the truck and keep up with all the maintenance, you will have a good truck on your hands.

Good luck on your find and purchase.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:32 AM
justntexas07
Veteran

Welcome to the forum. I have owned 3 Dodge pickups in my lifetime, I'm 27. The first was a 1994 that I bought in 2000, it only had 30,000 miles on it, that's why I bought such an older truck. I drove it for 2 years and traded it in with 80,000. The only problems I had were regular maintaince. Replaced the water pump, brake booster, and a few other minor repairs, nothing major. I traded that truck on a 2004 2500 CTD in 2005, it had 9,000 miles. I drove the crap out of that thing and never had any problems with it. I traded that truck in at the beginning of this year (perfect timing) on my 07 5.7 HEMI with 8,000 miles, and I must say it is awesome. As far as mpg goes, the 1994 5.9L got about 9-10 mpg b/c I had a liftkit and 33" tires on it. The 2004 CTD got 17mpg and the2007 gets roughly13-14 mpg's which isn't too bad b/c it sits in the driveway during the week as my wife and I carpool to work in her car. I have also owned 1Ford in my lifetime and would rather not get into the problems that truck had, I will just say this, Iwill NEVER buy a FORD again. GMC Chevy are good trucks as well but I prefer the Dodge. Good luck, and I hope you get out of that minivan ASAP, lol.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:00 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

a vehicle is good if u take care of it (maybe the blabbermouths up there already said that...i'm too lazy to read...lol)

anyways, i have a dodge just because i'm not a ford fan. it was between gm/chevy and a mopar. i chose the dodge over the chevy simply for looks. i do know chevys are tough though. and for a v6 in my truck, nothing is ever wrong with it. no noises or anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello, I'm quite a NEW member from Poland