3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door chime driving me nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
TheUsed801
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door chime driving me nuts!

So, about 20 minutes ago, I was going to remove my cluster because the light bulb for the 4 and 5 of my RPM gauge burnt out, and I was going to replace it. I pulled off the plastic piece to the left of the cluster [the one with the headlight ****], and all of a sudden the door chime started going off. The keys were not in the ignition at the time, mind you. I thought that I had simply hit the light switch and maybe turned on the headlights, thus why the chime was going off. I checked that, and the headlights were off. I am absolutely stumped.

So now, basically, whenever I open my door of my truck, the door chime goes off non-stop.

Anybody ever have this problem or know what might be causing it?

Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 PM
PhotoRam
Rookie
Default RE: Door chime driving me nuts!

I haven't had this problem but you should really disconnect the negative terminal on the battery when fooling around there. You could short out the wrong thing and get the air bags smashing you in the face!

That said I hope you sort your problem.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 PM
damien1023
Veteran
Default RE: Door chime driving me nuts!

maybe you hit the button for the 3rd brake light bed lights? happened to me before

Quick Reply: Door chime driving me nuts!