3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stroker kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker kit?

my father in law has a hummer h2 with the 6.0 v8 and lol he just got this thing 3 months ago and is doing all kinds of mods to it so he can beat my truck lol !! right now he is getting a stroker kit and basically was actually going to throw a supercharger on it. but the mechanic said a stroker kit would give him more bang for the buck?? what are your thoughts? and also what usually comes with a stroker kit, and do they make on for the 4.7 engine???

Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Stroker kit?

A stroker kit has a longer stroke crank, different rods and pistons.
I've never seen one for a 4.7, but I really haven't looked.
A supercharger will give a bigger gain than just a stroker kit.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 AM
sschevy400
Professional

A stroker kit would not be worth it compared to a supercharger. They dont make one that i'm aware of for the 4.7 anyway.

I did find this tho, if you wanted to supercharge it....basically it would make it as fast as a HEMI Ram...

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge.../47ramsohc.htm

Old 07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
dreman
Professional

So a supercharger on an older 4.7 gives it only slightly more horsepower than a 2008 4.7? What will it do with the newer 315hp 4.7?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 PM
epegasus
Rookie

I just got off the phone with Kenne Bell and they claim there is no supercharger option for any 4.7 despite what that link says. They originally built a prototype truck and it was featured in a couple of magazine back in '03, I think. Then there was a major fall-out between them and Dodge and the whole program was scrapped (rumors). I prefer SC's that bolt to an intake manifold so I have been watching out for one since '02. No luck.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star

Thats sad that he has to stroke/supercharge his 6.0 hummer to be able to beat your 4.7 dodge....dodge rocks..

Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

ya i looked at that link to and cant find pricing for it, supposively and of course looks like they make it for the damn hemionce again! ya lol my father in law kept boasting about the 6. 0 ltr engine and so i said lets go ahead and line em up on the highway and see who wins, and he was stock then ( 3 months ago) and i had all the mods listed in the sig. and beat him , but lol the damn 4.7 loses hp or soemthing around 70 - 80 mp cause i couldnt pull to much away from him. so now each week , i swear hes been getting , programmer, cai , throttle body, headers , exhaust and lol we raced up again 2 weeks ago and he still couldnt get me , and i said your too heavy lol!! so now he wants to take it a step futher, and last night at dinner he mentioned he was gonna supercharge or throw the stroker kit that they make for the hummer onit it, and i said with that i think you ll be able to get me then, so i started looking up turbos or superchargers for my truck and couldnt find anything only thing left to say after that was wait til i get out of my payments , this dodge is getting traded in for a srt - 10 , and i will def. be throwing a supercharger on that! lol 2 years left!! my wife is not excited about it, but i sure am!!!

Quick Reply: Stroker kit?